Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Musings on Compact AR's (CQB/Home D/Truck/BoB/etc.)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My primary CCW (when I’m not forced to carry an abysmal M&P for work) is a G19. So my G17 may just have gotten a new role. And you guys may have saved me a lot of money as well. 👍🏼

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    The most badass PDW is the M1 Carbine.
    Fixed it for ya
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My opinion on PCC:
    Pistol<PCC<5.56

The thing that keeps me considering one as a bedside gun is that I shoot 147gr 9mm in my pistols, which is generally subsonic. As such, it is designed to expand at subsonic velocities, and it is subsonic at full power. This adds up to (maybe) being better with a can and ultra short barrel for use indoors. Perhaps a 4.5” barrel with a 7” or 8” suppressor under the rail. Like a MP5SD, but with greater risk of baffle strikes, and no rollers.

I always come back to 5.56, though, for reasons of ballistics and reliability. It just plain works.

If one is concerned with the need to holster their bedside gun, drop a battle belt next to your bed. Then in less than 3 seconds you can be wearing a gun, retention holster, FAK, mags, and handheld light.

I sling my rifles, buck naked.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I think a G17 or 19 milled for an RMR with a few of the new Magpul 27rd Glock mags and a WML would be about the epitome of in-house defense for an average American home.
    Genuinely curious - why the Magpul mag in lieu of a G18 31/33 rounder?

Like Bogart, I have an under-utilized G17 that may come out of the safe; my "always" G19 is a pre-rail Gen 2.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-09-17 at 08:07.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Musings on Compact AR's (CQB/Home D/Truck/BoB/etc.)

I like the turn this thread has taken. I have my CZ EVO and Angstadt Arms 9mm’s in my bedroom now because I didn’t put them back in the safe last night. I was looking at them because I noticed my SiCo suppressor is moving about 1/4” while mounted to the tri lug bbl!the 9mm’s are much smaller than the 12 ga they’re laying next to. I really see the Angstadt and CZ as toys with potential at this point.

It stuck me as I was carrying the CZ and a bandolier with 4 loaded magazines that 32 rounds of 9mm is quite a bit heavier than a 30 round magazine full of the more powerful 5.56.

I have a holstered G17 with X300 and two spare magazines very close by that would be what I’d grab first. The shotgun isn’t loaded but could be fairly quickly. Options are nice!

Oh there is that pesky M4 SBR too!

In a push button VLine.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 12-09-17 at 10:03.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Genuinely curious - why the Magpul mag in lieu of a G18 31/33 rounder?

Like Bogart, I have an under-utilized G17 that may come out of the safe; my "always" G19 is a pre-rail Gen 2.

Andy
    Absolutely zero other than I just saw it was a neat "coming soon" product from Magpul. The G18 mag is a more proven unit so I'd probably go that route.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617