Page 139 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2383

Thread: -->OFFICIAL<-- "PAY IT FORWARD"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    What about the people who are claiming more than 2 persons' PIF's in the last 24 hours? I'm not sure if that is fair to just claim every new PIF that comes along....
    I agree with that also.. Got to be a better way to do this....
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    There was some good feedback and correspondence a while back on here about how to weed out some of the "takers". Talk about post count, having positive feedback, or being a site sponsor, before you would be able to take items from the PIF. I don't have the answer, but just throwing out options and opinions.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-26-16 at 23:41.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    What about the people who are claiming more than 2 persons' PIF's in the last 24 hours? I'm not sure if that is fair to just claim every new PIF that comes along....
    Sometimes I don't claim for a long time. Last day or so, I'm guilty of claiming a PIF from more than one person. I did, however, also offer up a separate PIF for both, then listed 10 items available in another post. I think it's fair, and in the spirit of the thread, but if the person offering doesn't thinks so, they are in no obligation to pay up, and I won't hold no bad feelings other than a small feeling of "Damn, I missed out this time." I want free stuff too, but it's not owed to me, and it doesn't hurt me to offer up some free stuff.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 04-26-16 at 23:45.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I agree with that also.. Got to be a better way to do this....
    It's not a perfect system and it probably never will be. JW, you know like I know that it's imperfect because people are imperfect and our sense of "fair" and "share" differs about as much as a Bushmaster differs from an LMT. (trying to keep it ARish and that is a very wide chasm).

I personally saw some things last night that didn't set well with me. I believe I saw some folks collecting parts. I mean how many of one item do you really NEED? However, I went back to the beginning of the thread last night - the very first few pages, and I tried to remember the 'spirit of the PIF', rather than what I want to consider is fair and square by my own mind. I remember doing that in the Army, understanding the spirit of the law vs the letter of the law, because sometimes the letter was lacking because it lacked a clear and defined intent. So to me, the spirit of the PIF is this: If you have something to give that will bless someone else, and you'd really rather bless someone than sell it and make a buck, then put it on the thread. If someone sees that item and they NEED it, well they should get it...but at the same time, that person needs to become a blessing to the next guy. Receive a blessing, and give a blessing.

I also went back last night and read through the last time we had this conversation. Nothing really changed as far as how some people received or are trying to receive, but are not paying forward. So, I still don't know what the answer is. I want to believe that while it is evident some people take advantage of the thread, there are still more of us who try to do right by the spirit of the thread. We will receive and we will give - and when we give, it will pinch just a little. Maybe that will make up for the ones more intent on receiving. One thing we can do is hold each other accountable. If I post a PIF and the person says, "I'll take it and post something when I get home." Well we give them a chance to post something when they get home, if they don't we make it available again to the next. Also when we have multiple items - we don't allow one person to bogart the whole set. We choose to share the PIF with others. It is still our stuff at that point and we can chose to farm it out as we deem fair. It may even be fair to say to someone - I'm sorry, but I saw you claim a widget, and I want my widget to go to someone who doesn't have one. (I'm seriously debating this.)

I do want to say this - there have been several times, where I have offered an additional piece of my PIF to someone, and they have replied, "No thank you, I don't need that."

Just today, the guy who wanted my ACS-L, when he found out it was OD (sorry I forgot to list that color) he said, "No thanks, I don't have any OD green stuff, you can repost it."
    I know people that would have taken it, just to have a spare part or to paint it or (hopefully not) sell it on E&E. So times like that encourages me.
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 04-27-16 at 00:28. Reason: Added my comment about the widget.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Sometimes I don't claim for a long time. Last day or so, I'm guilty of claiming a PIF from more than one person. I did, however, also offer up a separate PIF for both, then listed 10 items available in another post. I think it's fair, and in the spirit of the thread, but if the person offering doesn't thinks so, they are in no obligation to pay up, and I won't hold no bad feelings other than a small feeling of "Damn, I missed out this time." I want free stuff too, but it's not owed to me, and it doesn't hurt me to offer up some free stuff.
    I think you listed some very solid PIFs and that is the essence of the spirit of the PIF. I think you did well.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I too got mixed up with elephants original epic pif in January. I pif and never received the item I requested either. So I skipped this round from elephant altogether. I try to pif with an item fairly close value wise to what I am claiming! This thread is great in both actual parts and the good spirit. Let's keep it honest and moving forward!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Ill snag the SL stock if its a mil-spec. Ill pay forward this time: 4 tubbs flat wire buffer springs 2 new and 2 with less then 50 rounds on each. Ill have to look back here at my other PIF items that are still not spoken for.
    JW,
    Unfortunately the SL was tagged by someone already. However I have a Magpul ACS-L that I can send your way. It's the dark green Magpul uses - if you don't mind that. The SL was painted anyway and the ACS-L is actually newer and in better shape. Here's a pic.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

--&gt;OFFICIAL&lt;-- &quot;PAY IT FORWARD&quot;

I'll hold that for you JW, if you don't want it then maybe it can go someone who has NOT already gotten other butt stocks in the thread and who has not been collecting parts. Someone who NEEDS a good butt stock. And it locks down tighter than Donald Trumps piggy bank.
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 04-27-16 at 06:33.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Texan & JWK - We have discussed changes many time and I dont think any of it will ever change. But I do think that in order to get an item, you have to post in this thread and post a PIF. PM'ing or emailing the poster for details is fine but anyone coming to the thread (including the poster) needs to be able to track from the thread and it forces the PIF.

In my option emails and PMs without a post in this thread should be deleted.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I agree. That's the way you guys did it in the very beginning. I did receive about 10 PM's on the stuff I posted as my PIFs and I'm still sorting it out.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 139 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast