Page 155 of 239 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2383

Thread: -->OFFICIAL<-- "PAY IT FORWARD"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    For the MOE I'll PIF a coyote tan Eagle SOF medical pouch, used with a Red Cross on it.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    You know guys, we have been having a regular ol' swap meet here for the past couple of weeks. It's been a good couple of weeks, not only with the things I needed that I was able to pick up, but also just the whole feeling good when someone expresses some real gratitude for you giving them a part or something. No, I ain't gonna ask for a group hug. I don't roll that way.

But in chatting with one of the guys who was expressing that gratitude about a part prompted another idea... I'll throw it out. If it sticks it was meant to, if it doesn't it's like my other innumerable ideas that were just good ideas to me.

So me and the other PIFer were chatting and I was offering to help him out, talking him through painting his AR. I explained that a good friend had really helped me through the process - from what paints to buy, brand and color, to what to tape up, and most importantly, what not to paint. He also gave me some practical tips on how to apply the paint and just talked me through the process. He did so good that I think my first rattle can job was outstanding. I told him if I could pay it forward, then I'd be happy to. (Light bulb).

I know we have tons of how to's, but sometimes having someone explain it human voice, and answering questions gives that little bit of confidence or knowledge to get it right the first time.

So why restrict our "Pay it Forward" to material items. Why can't we PIF knowledge?

I don't know how the format would go - Whether it would be someone like me saying, "Hey I've read the thread about pinning my brake, but can someone answer a few of questions?" Someone volunteers to help, we work out a convenient time, and I get my brake pinned. Maybe I come back to the thread and say what happened, and then offer to talk someone through painting their AR, or staking their gas tube, as an example. Or it could be. "Willing to help teach someone how to paint their AR, if interested email me or text me at blah blah blah." and then the person helps someone else out. We could even branch out beyond weapons, but for now maybe keep it corralled in that subject.

I don't know if this is even a good idea or maybe it doesn't belong here or maybe both. But I will tell you that of all the times I've "Paid it Forward" in my life, there have been so many times where that's come in the form of knowledge or encouragement, sometimes both - material things and some knowledge to go with it.

So I thought I'd throw this out there and let it set. Like I said if it goes without quote/comment, then I'll know it was a lame idea.

p.s. Yes I'm aware that I write really long posts. I am a Texan afterall.

- Robert
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R6436 View Post
    That previous post did NOT show up in the order I thought it would. Looks totally silly now. Oh well.

Of the items I placed for PIF originally the MOE milspec carbine stock, carbine back plate, and Larue POD (prone optimization device for those located in Larue's home state..that's a joke) are still availible.

The Foliage Green MOE fixed rifle stock is also still availible along with the polymer rail for it.
    I'll take the LaRue POD! I didn't see this in any of your earlier post or I would have combined it with the other box you're sending me to save on shipping. Sorry about that! Use the same shipping address as the other item. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Ok so here's the updated list of what I have to PIF:

6" aluminum Keymod rail section (unsure of brand)
    3" polymer Keymod rail section (BCM)
    4" polymer Keymod rail section (BCM)

Items left over from last PIF:

20 Magpul dust covers
    Spikes T2 buffer

Adding:
    Magpul MOE Scout mount for the RIGHT side of the gun (ejection side)
    Schrade Tactical Survival pen

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

--&gt;OFFICIAL&lt;-- &quot;PAY IT FORWARD&quot;

I could use the two shorter Keymod rail sections.

I'll have to dig a little to see what I can offer to PIF but I at least have a couple AR mags.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

--&gt;OFFICIAL&lt;-- &quot;PAY IT FORWARD&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by Travis B View Post
    For the MOE I'll PIF a coyote tan Eagle SOF medical pouch, used with a Red Cross on it.
    I can use that pouch and will PIF a brand new Daniel Defense vertical grip

ETA:
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 05-06-16 at 21:11.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Ok so here's the updated list of what I have to PIF:

6" aluminum Keymod rail section (unsure of brand)
    3" polymer Keymod rail section (BCM)
    4" polymer Keymod rail section (BCM)

Items left over from last PIF:

20 Magpul dust covers
    Spikes T2 buffer

Adding:
    Magpul MOE Scout mount for the RIGHT side of the gun (ejection side)
    Schrade Tactical Survival pen

I could use the spikes buffer please! I have a standard carbine buffer to PIF

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    You know guys, we have been having a regular ol' swap meet here for the past couple of weeks. It's been a good couple of weeks, not only with the things I needed that I was able to pick up, but also just the whole feeling good when someone expresses some real gratitude for you giving them a part or something. No, I ain't gonna ask for a group hug. I don't roll that way.

But in chatting with one of the guys who was expressing that gratitude about a part prompted another idea... I'll throw it out. If it sticks it was meant to, if it doesn't it's like my other innumerable ideas that were just good ideas to me.

So me and the other PIFer were chatting and I was offering to help him out, talking him through painting his AR. I explained that a good friend had really helped me through the process - from what paints to buy, brand and color, to what to tape up, and most importantly, what not to paint. He also gave me some practical tips on how to apply the paint and just talked me through the process. He did so good that I think my first rattle can job was outstanding. I told him if I could pay it forward, then I'd be happy to. (Light bulb).

I know we have tons of how to's, but sometimes having someone explain it human voice, and answering questions gives that little bit of confidence or knowledge to get it right the first time.

So why restrict our "Pay it Forward" to material items. Why can't we PIF knowledge?

I don't know how the format would go - Whether it would be someone like me saying, "Hey I've read the thread about pinning my brake, but can someone answer a few of questions?" Someone volunteers to help, we work out a convenient time, and I get my brake pinned. Maybe I come back to the thread and say what happened, and then offer to talk someone through painting their AR, or staking their gas tube, as an example. Or it could be. "Willing to help teach someone how to paint their AR, if interested email me or text me at blah blah blah." and then the person helps someone else out. We could even branch out beyond weapons, but for now maybe keep it corralled in that subject.

I don't know if this is even a good idea or maybe it doesn't belong here or maybe both. But I will tell you that of all the times I've "Paid it Forward" in my life, there have been so many times where that's come in the form of knowledge or encouragement, sometimes both - material things and some knowledge to go with it.

So I thought I'd throw this out there and let it set. Like I said if it goes without quote/comment, then I'll know it was a lame idea.

p.s. Yes I'm aware that I write really long posts. I am a Texan afterall.

- Robert
    I think that is a great idea IMHO. Admittedly I'm not as knowledgeable in the "cool" areas of firearms, butI'm more than willing to assist in areas I do know about or have experience in.

Also, as almost anyone who has ever meesaged or emailed me knows, normally I write long posts as well even though I'm lucky enough to be in Iowa instead of south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Maybe its just a central states thing?
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbain99 View Post
    I could use the two shorter Keymod rail sections.

I'll have to dig a little to see what I can offer to PIF but I at least have a couple AR mags.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey
    I assume you're talking about my Keymod rail sections. They're yours. PM me your address.

What kind of mags?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rfairman View Post
    I could use the spikes buffer please! I have a standard carbine buffer to PIF
    It's yours.

Page 155 of 239 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast