Page 177 of 239 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2383

Thread: -->OFFICIAL<-- "PAY IT FORWARD"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Up for grabs is a Harrison Design Extreme Service rear sight for Bomar cut 1911 pistols like the Springfield TRP operator. This is the single tritium dot version. It was fitted but very little material was taken off.

Fits the Springfield TRP Operator pistol and other Springfield 1911 pistols with adjustable night sights.
    Fits Colt Special Combat Gov't, recent production Gold Cup and other pistols with factory installed BoMar standard cut sights.
    Does NOT fit Kimber pistols with factory-installed adjustable sights.
    URL of site @ Harrison Design - https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-0...ice-rear-sight

Does the S&W 1911 have a Bomar cut? I have an older S&W 1911 with a very sharp adjustable rear sight that digs in.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    I have the following available:

-Magpul ASAP (previously staked)
    -Magpul Rail Ladder x2, black
    -A2 pistol grip x2
    -BCM 5 slot 1913 section, Keymod, aluminum GONE
    -BCM 5 slot 1913 section, Keymod, polymer
    -BCM black and white trucker style hat GONE

I'm looking for the following if anyone has any:

-BCM KMR covers, FDE, only need two complete strips still need
    -Magpul Rail Ladder, FDE only, need to cover 12 1913 slots received
    -Arisaka Finger Stop, KM still need

PM with any interest or offers.

Thanks!
    I'll take the black magpul ladders. I have a couple of carbine buffers that I don't need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Hi, a while back I suggested that I would put together a "mystery box" filled with stuff that I wanted to put on the PIF instead individual items. This is something that I really want to do because I like giving and this is Christmas and the season for giving. I have a few ideas but I wanted to reach out to you to see if we should set some boundaries and rules. Reason for that is because I didn't want a mystery box floating around with name brand parts only to be replaced by A2 flash hiders and "take offs". So I thought we would keep the "mystery bod" strictly related to AR components that are available to own even in California. Who would be eligible for the mystery box? Should there be a minimum post count or possibly a "site sponsor" or at least 1 feed back. I am contemplating putting 2 boxes together and starting this on Christmas day. Some of the items that I want to include will by Geissele triggers, Aimpoints, Magpul furniture, rails, grips etc. Anyways, lets come up with a set of guide lines for this "mystery box" so we can start this new tradition.

This is the kind of case that i am going to put together as the mystery box
    Attachment 42694

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Hi, a while back I suggested that I would put together a "mystery box" filled with stuff that I wanted to put on the PIF instead individual items. This is something that I really want to do because I like giving and this is Christmas and the season for giving. I have a few ideas but I wanted to reach out to you to see if we should set some boundaries and rules. Reason for that is because I didn't want a mystery box floating around with name brand parts only to be replaced by A2 flash hiders and "take offs". So I thought we would keep the "mystery bod" strictly related to AR components that are available to own even in California. Who would be eligible for the mystery box? Should there be a minimum post count or possibly a "site sponsor" or at least 1 feed back. I am contemplating putting 2 boxes together and starting this on Christmas day. Some of the items that I want to include will by Geissele triggers, Aimpoints, Magpul furniture, rails, grips etc. Anyways, lets come up with a set of guide lines for this "mystery box" so we can start this new tradition.

Attachment 42694
    Ahh. The post that blew up the M4C PIF, lol. I'm kind of glad to hear the Mystery Boxes never came to fruition back then, as they've never been re-posted since your offer.

Guidelines are good, but I'm not certain there is a foolproof method that will ensure the spirit of the mystery box stays intact. What I'm thinking is maybe set up an email address solely for the purpose of tracking it's "voyage". When the box is claimed, a requirement will be that the recipient must send an email to the address that's been created; listing the full contents, what's being taken, and what's being added. You could then use that to verify the intent of the box is being adhered to. You know the totality of the original contents. So, you'd know if multiple items were taken at one "stop"; regardless of if an equal number were added back to the box. You could also have some oversight in what's exchanged; if you required that the box cannot be relisted until you've reviewed the exchange and given the okay. This might even help with the CA compliant and AR item only requirement. Knowing there is a rolling list out there might help to keep those honest, who otherwise might be tempted to take advantage of the generosity. It'd be hard to manipulate the list, especially if the new recipient each time is cataloging the entire contents upon receipt. And, if the spirit of your PIF were to be violated, it can be traced back to a smaller set of users. But, the best part is that you could post something a few months or more down the road telling the "story" of its travels. A "feel good" tale of the generosity of the M4C community. It sucks that you have to think about creating conditions. But, I definitely agree that it's wise to maintain its integrity. This method, or something like it, provides the opportunity for a nice upside while policing the intent.

That may be a bigger undertaking than you'd like to endure, but I'm sure there would be members here whom you trust that'd be willing to take on the responsibility. I really hope this works out. In theory, this gift would go on in perpetuity for quite some time. So, whatever your solution, I think many would be interested to hear of its travels and impact after it's been circulating for a while.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post

Attachment 42694
    As always thanks for your generosity. To weed out what happened to you last time with people complaining about there aimpoint had a scratch, you should set the guidelines to a strict standard. I think site sponsor would be awesome. See how many people all of a sudden donate to M4C to become one. That in itself is a plus. Or, at least one year on here with the 200 post count, or at least 10 positive feedbacks. That gives folks 3 ways to get in. Instead of the guy sitting at his computer all day with one post and then jumps right in.

Maybe a Mod will allow a tracking thread in the GD. This way you have to have 200 posts to participate.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    As always thanks for your generosity. To weed out what happened to you last time with people complaining about there aimpoint had a scratch, you should set the guidelines to a strict standard. I think site sponsor would be awesome. See how many people all of a sudden donate to M4C to become one. That in itself is a plus. Or, at least one year on here with the 200 post count, or at least 10 positive feedbacks. That gives folks 3 ways to get in. Instead of the guy sitting at his computer all day with one post and then jumps right in.
    Just to clarify, from several of the people who participated in that last PIF, the problem p was they never received anything from the PIF. The Aimpoint issue was from a previous PIF. I say this because Elephant told me about that problem his last PIF when I was trying to offer help by documenting what people had asked for.

You have some good ideas, but I'm not sure it will fix the problems.

1. Take that last PIF. A guy claimed an item, offered a good item, but never sent it out because they never received anything. That left someone with a decision to honor their PIF or not.

2. More than once I saw:
    who gave up A2 grips for nice things that had 2,000 + posts and I saw guys with 10 posts being very generous.

I don't think Site Sponsorship guarantees generosity. Feedback can measure a persons integrity. Will that result in generosity?
    Post count doesn't guarantee generosity, I saw guys with 2,000 posts offering, you guessed it. A2 grips for an item of more value.

Imagine an MB (Mystery Box)with an Aimpoint , Geissel trigger, and DD fixed sights.

Imagine the guy 5th or 6th down the line. What do you think will be in that MB? A bunch of A2 grips and mags that don't work?
    I use those items because I have seen them offered and I have received them.

How to guarantee adherence to the spirit of the PIF?

TOTAL TRANSPARENCY.

Elephants last PIF I created a spreadsheet of the people who had claimed an item. What they claimed and what they were giving. This was based on the time stamp of their post claiming an item. the rules are that you cannot claim an item through PM, it has to be a post on the thread, that everyone can see. Total transparency.

Maybe a list with what was originally in the box. You wrote in what you took and what you placed in the box. That doesn't fix selfishness, but maybe through internal accountability we can get to the high standard the PIF is meant to hold.

Maybe a Mod will allow a tracking thread in the GD. This way you have to have 200 posts to participate.[/QUOTE]
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Just to clarify, from several of the people who participated in that last PIF, the problem p was they never received anything from the PIF. The Aimpoint issue was from a previous PIF. I say this because Elephant told me about that problem his last PIF when I was trying to offer help by documenting what people had asked for.

You have some good ideas, but I'm not sure it will fix the problems.

1. Take that last PIF. A guy claimed an item, offered a good item, but never sent it out because they never received anything. That left someone with a decision to honor their PIF or not.

2. More than once I saw:
    who gave up A2 grips for nice things that had 2,000 + posts and I saw guys with 10 posts being very generous.

I don't think Site Sponsorship guarantees generosity. Feedback can measure a persons integrity. Will that result in generosity?
    Post count doesn't guarantee generosity, I saw guys with 2,000 posts offering, you guessed it. A2 grips for an item of more value.

Imagine an MB (Mystery Box)with an Aimpoint , Geissel trigger, and DD fixed sights.

Imagine the guy 5th or 6th down the line. What do you think will be in that MB? A bunch of A2 grips and mags that don't work?
    I use those items because I have seen them offered and I have received them.

How to guarantee adherence to the spirit of the PIF?

TOTAL TRANSPARENCY.

Elephants last PIF I created a spreadsheet of the people who had claimed an item. What they claimed and what they were giving. This was based on the time stamp of their post claiming an item. the rules are that you cannot claim an item through PM, it has to be a post on the thread, that everyone can see. Total transparency.

Maybe a list with what was originally in the box. You wrote in what you took and what you placed in the box. That doesn't fix selfishness, but maybe through internal accountability we can get to the high standard the PIF is meant to hold.

Maybe a Mod will allow a tracking thread in the GD. This way you have to have 200 posts to participate.
    [/QUOTE]

I agree that the post count, being a site sponsor, and so on, doesn't necessarily mean generosity. But it would mean that they are at least a contributing member of the forum.

Transparency is really the only way, as you say. That's why I think posting/tracking exactly whats in and out, is the best way. Elephant sends me the box and I snag item X.. I add item Y, and update the thread, and send to said "member" He takes Y, and adds his Z and so on. Items A-W still in box and on the list. Should not be to hard to track with a simple list/sheet.

The guy who needs an Aimpoint, might not have 400-700 dollar item to put back in. So after time, pending others generosity quality will diminish. We can see this from what typically comes up on the PIF. I cant see too many people that need a USGI trigger, taking that and putting in a ACOG.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 12-04-16 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Isn't the point of pay it forward to give without strings attached? When I pay for someone's coffee I wouldn't be upset if they didn't pay for the next guy's. There are always people who give more than they receive, just as there are some who receive or Ethan they give. Spreadsheets or post counts won't change that.

I agree that the post count, being a site sponsor, and so on, doesn't necessarily mean generosity. But it would mean that they are at least a contributing member of the forum.

Transparency is really the only way, as you say. That's why I think posting/tracking exactly whats in and out, is the best way. Elephant sends me the box and I snag item X.. I add item Y, and update the thread, and send to said "member" He takes Y, and adds his Z and so on. Items A-W still in box. Should not be to hard to track with a simple list/sheet.

The guy who needs an Aimpoint, might not have 400-700 dollar item to put back in. So after time, pending others generosity quality will diminish. We can see this from what typically comes up on the PIF. I cant see too many people that need a USGI trigger, taking that and putting in a ACOG.[/QUOTE]

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis B View Post
    Isn't the point of pay it forward to give without strings attached? When I pay for someone's coffee I wouldn't be upset if they didn't pay for the next guy's. There are always people who give more than they receive, just as there are some who receive or Ethan they give. Spreadsheets or post counts won't change that.
    [/QUOTE]

I personally agree that giving is giving. Who cares after that. I don't need anything and not advocating for anything myself. But how many people do we see come in and scam people in the EE, who just joined with just a few posts. Elephant also said he had a bad experience and most of the people that PM'd him had only a few posts. Elephant can do whatever he chooses. He asked for feedback on how he should go about it, after the giant mess last year.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    We have been down this road a few times and there really is not an answer. Travis is correct in my opinion, that you are giving to the PIF out of your generosity and that's where it ends. I have given some good stuff and the other side of the coin were pmag dust covers. We can't really do anything about that but say to ourselves that the dust cover guys are douchebags and leave it at that. We can call them out but how do you stop people from calling someone out because they wanted the item. Maybe only if its egregious.

I have always been a fan of moving it to a place in the forum with restrictions for 200 posts. It keeps out the riffraff.

Page 177 of 239 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast