Thread: Colt combat unit rail gun sights?

Feedback Score

Colt combat unit rail gun sights?

So I have a new Colt combat unit rail gun and I love it except for that dang rear site. The rear gap is way to big IMHO and leave too much light in either side of the front site. Any recommendations to replace the rear with something that will still work with the factory front? Or should I just replace both?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    What is the width of the front sight? what is the width of the rear sight? You should use an electronic caliper, they're less than $20 at Harbor Freight.

There are replacement front sights made by various companies. It is cheaper than replacing the rear sight.

Another option is to shoot the gun AS IS. You might find that the bigger gaps allows you to pick up the front sight faster. Lots of action/practical oriented pistol shooters prefer thinner front sights. Bullseye (organized) shooters do prefer lesser daylight between the sights, but they are never pressed for time, their events are not won or loss by fractions of seconds.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    .130 is the front and .170 is the rear. What you said makes great sense. I'm so used to shooting my polymer guns and im acustom to having a tighter sight picture. The front is tritium this why I'd like to do the rear and find one with tritium aswell.

Thank you Sir

Feedback Score
    A wider sight picture with more light is generally preferred for better accuracy ( this is coming from an old bullseye competitor) because more light allows you to fine tune sight picture easier than narrower pictures. For “combat grade” accuracy doesn’t much matter. I do notice significant accuracy improvements with finer sights say when I have replaced glock factory plastic sights with after markets

Feedback Score
    Alright maybe I'll just keep shooting it and it will grow on me, like I said I'm so used to something different. This is my first 1911 and I have to say there is just something about a heavy .45 that just feels right.

Thanks gents