Thread: 5.56 Walmart corroded ?

Feedback Score

5.56 Walmart corroded ?

I picked up a 150 rd. box of Federal 5.56 from Walmart today. (2017 - Nato stamp) and noticed that one end of the box seemed damp or really greasy on the inside. The ammo is dirtier then normal and it looks to have some corrosion starting. When I wipe the bullet a bit of green is showing. Suggestions please? Mny thanks in advance.
    "The enemy will never see the back of my Texans" Gen. Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Feedback Score
    You can try taking it back but the last I knew they had a no return policy on guns and ammo. It won't blow up if the powder got compromised, it just won't go off. My guess is it got wet during transportation to the store and then put inside of a locked display with no ventilation.

I'm more surprised you found someone at the gun counter to buy it. Our Sporting Goods department at our local Wal-Mart is treated like the bastard child and if there is someone who is scheduled to work in Sporting Goods, they have been pulled off to straighten shelves over in the grocery department or some equally stupid reason. Losing who knows how much in sales. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ll pay you 10 cents on the dollar for them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwg020 View Post
    You can try taking it back but the last I knew they had a no return policy on guns and ammo. It won't blow up if the powder got compromised, it just won't go off. My guess is it got wet during transportation to the store and then put inside of a locked display with no ventilation.

I'm more surprised you found someone at the gun counter to buy it. Our Sporting Goods department at our local Wal-Mart is treated like the bastard child and if there is someone who is scheduled to work in Sporting Goods, they have been pulled off to straighten shelves over in the grocery department or some equally stupid reason. Losing who knows how much in sales. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Many thanks. I think I'll clean it up and not worry.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I’ll pay you 10 cents on the dollar for them.
    Done. 10 cents on the dollar and 125.00 for shipping. You send your money first !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn, that’s a serious hazmat fee!