Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on chopping down a Glock 17 grip.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Advice on chopping down a Glock 17 grip.

To preface my question, in attempt to avoid the big “why” discussion. - I live in MA where the only way to own a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds is if they are made before the ban in 1994. Therefor, most pre ban mags are hard to find and expensive.

I have a much larger collection of Glock 19 mags than 17 mags. Cutting my 17 to allow 19 mags is a no brainer.

Anyway.

I was curious if any of those who have made this modification have tried installing a Glock 19 magwell. I’m wondering if it’s worth the effort of modifying the magwell or grip to get them to mate up without just throwing away the 100 bucks they cost for futile efforts.

Besides the magwell, any other advice or tips from those who have done this?

Thanks,
    Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How about putting up a WTT want to trade and exchange your G19 prebans for G17 prebans?

I am not sure it is worth the huge ding in resale and risk of mucking up your G17 - no offense meant if you are an experienced Glocksmith.

Feedback Score
    Cold Bore Customs

https://g.co/kgs/E1JsAZ

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Its a semi common mod on Kahrs, I would google about that, and see what the basic technique looks like. Should be a similar process.

A 19/17 hybrid would be a neat gun.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Get a Polymer80 frame.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Depending on how you feel working with plastic, it can be a super easy job. Never used a magwell, can't help you there.

I would rather just cut it short and try to open a little bit of magwell with a heat gun, again if you are comfortable working with plastic. Practice with the cut off piece first.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Why not sell the 17 and but another 19?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How do thy know when a magazine was manufactured?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've done a bunch of 17-19 chops (my username) and I don't think a 19 magwell will fit as the hump is different.

I think it makes a great concealed carry pistol and every one I've done has had a happy owner.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I did it. To me, the Glock 17 is the perfect gun. I put my 19 against it, used a pen to mark the 19 grip length, used my hacksaw. Now it's the perfect shooting AND CC gun. And I get to use my 17 and 19 mags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast