Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolt Action 22lr's.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’d go with a CZ or Ruger (especially if you have a 10/22 as they share magazines). I’ve had a Weatherby-marked Anshultz which is essentially a Field Grade. If you can find a good deal on one they are a better rifle overall with respect to fit and finish, trigger and accuracy. I only sold it as it was a .17 HMR and I decided to stick with .22 LR for my rimfire needs.

If I ever live in an area with more abundant small game hunting again, I’ll be picking up a Cooper 57M.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have read good things about the Savage 22's.

I own a suppressed CZ 455 Tacticool, and love it. We spent yesterday at the range with it, and had to pry the kids off it with a crowbar.

I got mine from these folks, they get them periodically: http://tooeleshootingsupply.com/
    Have you ever had your bolt come out when you cycle it?

I got a Tacticool as well and mine will often, as in every time I shoot it, let the bolt slide out. I know that could happen if I was lazy with my finger touching the trigger and I believe is the trigger spring was too light. But I haven't adjusted anything. My friend was convinced I must touching the trigger, so I even went so far to shoot left handed and even saying out loud "finger off". Sure enough the bolt flies out.

I really like the rifle and have actually bought some replacement springs for it. also my bolt in really tight. The Lift. i watched some YT vids of a guy radiusing a few areas to solve that but again haven't done anything. I also get some feed issues which maybe is the ammo but I can't seem to get through a mag without an issue. I know sometimes I have pulled the bolt too slowly trying to figure the bolt issue and that leave a case then messes up the next round.. Anyway, I still really like the rifle and need to fix these issues but I've never really heard of anyone that has had this sort of thing happen.

I'm wondering if there is some area I should specifically check or should I think about sending it back to CZ.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Interesting, I have not had that issue.

I would definitely give CZ a call, and ask their advice. From all the reports I have read, they seem to be very responsive.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought a Savage bull barrel, fluted , threaded and dropped it in a Boyds stock for less than $300. Great gun. Not my Annie, but a great gun and takes a suppressor.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    sounds good. I've tried to posts and vids and there is nothing much out there. One guy sells a spring kit for $10 and then it's basically just shoot it. I haven't so far seen one mention of the issues I've had. Also bought new and the box didn't look like it fell of a building or anything. Mostly various CCI ammo thus far.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    So what sort of scopes do you guys like for these bolt .22lr? I need something with some power for my old eyes.

Feedback Score
    Bass Pro had mostly 17 HMR (if that's right) in stock. I want a regular 22 lr. I guess it's good that they had them because they're the same size as 22 lr's so at least I got to hold some of them. I have my friend (FFL) order pretty much all my firearms anyways. I don't know If I'll be able to hold any CZ's though. Not that big around here for some reason.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    So what sort of scopes do you guys like for these bolt .22lr? I need something with some power for my old eyes.
    I'm probably gonna go with a Leupold 3-9x40mm Rimfire Scope.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I don't know If I'll be able to hold any CZ's though. Not that big around here for some reason.

NYH1.
    I couldn't find any down here either. Must be an east coast thing. luckily one day the largest private store around had one of the Tacticool but they wanted full MSRP. I just waited and found a good sale price mail order.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I'm probably gonna go with a Leupold 3-9x40mm Rimfire Scope.

NYH1.
    That’s what I still have. I still think it is the scope to beat for a rimfire sporter.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast