Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolt Action 22lr's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Bass Pro had mostly 17 HMR (if that's right) in stock. I want a regular 22 lr. I guess it's good that they had them because they're the same size as 22 lr's so at least I got to hold some of them. I have my friend (FFL) order pretty much all my firearms anyways. I don't know If I'll be able to hold any CZ's though. Not that big around here for some reason.

NYH1.
    Don’t rule out the CZ 455 Combo. A bit more $$$ but an absolute screaming deal on high quality kit. I still kick myself for passing one up when it was on sale.

Basically you get the rifle, two barrels, and two magazines. One each in .22LR and .17HMR. Covers a lot of bases on one platform.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-455-ame...hmr-5-rd-mags/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    That’s what I still have. I still think it is the scope to beat for a rimfire sporter.
    I run a 2.5-8X36 Leupold VX-III on my 57M. So a 3-9X40 is also about right.

That rig is a rabbit murdering sumbitch. A few years ago I played a game with my buddies to see who could get the most clean head shots on bunnies. They never stood a chance. The Cooper being fed CCI Velocitors is a rabbit death ray.

Feedback Score
    That’s what I still have. I still think it is the scope to beat for a rimfire sporter.
    I always try to buy Leupold if possible. I had an issue with one of their scopes. I sent it back the week before hunting season opened. Told them my season was getting close. I talked to them that Friday, the season opened the following Monday. The scope was at my door the next afternoon (Saturday). From Oregon to New York on their dime, good as new, less then 24 hours. I'll never forget that.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I’m using the same on my 455. Makes for a well balanced sporter with the suppressor mounted.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Don’t rule out the CZ 455 Combo. A bit more $$$ but an absolute screaming deal on high quality kit. I still kick myself for passing one up when it was on sale.

Basically you get the rifle, two barrels, and two magazines. One each in .22LR and .17HMR. Covers a lot of bases on one platform.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-455-ame...hmr-5-rd-mags/
    I'm sure that's a good deal. I want a heavy barrel rifle. I don't want to get into swapping barrels. Then you gotta re-zero your scope. That's not what I'm looking for. The 455 Varmint might be something I'm interested in if I can find one to handle.

Thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The cz is a fantastic quality rifle. I’ve got a 452. Not much available for a lefty like myself. Just hold a savage, Ruger, and cz and you can feel the difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I'm sure that's a good deal. I want a heavy barrel rifle. I don't want to get into swapping barrels. Then you gotta re-zero your scope. That's not what I'm looking for. The 455 Varmint might be something I'm interested in if I can find one to handle.

Thanks, NYH1.
    Frankly unless position target shooting is on the agenda, like NRA small bore, there is very little advantage to a heavy barrel .22LR. My Cooper 57M sporter is just as accurate if not more so than my Kimber M82 Govt' Target with a 25" bull barrel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think some perspective might be useful here, my 22LR bull barrel is lbs lighter than my hunting guns with #4 Krieger custom barrels.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I owned a Savage MKII BV and currently own two other Savage heavy barrel rifles. They all shoot tight groups at 50 meters with target ammunition and reasonably well with hollow points. It is not unusual to shoot 1/3" groups at 50 meters with target ammunition. Ringing 8" steel at 200 meters is doable with good ammunition on a light or no wind day.

I own a CZ 452 LUX and it shoots almost as well as the Savages. The rear sight is regulated well out to 150 meters.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    So what sort of scopes do you guys like for these bolt .22lr? I need something with some power for my old eyes.
    I ended up with a Nikon P223 3-9x. About $125 used, new closer to $175.

With its BDC reticle and the Nikon app on my phone, I was able to sight in at 40m and shoot a competition out to 100m. It was pretty slick, and considering all the different 22 ammo I have, a nice feature.

Savage FVSR owner as well. Even with Bucket O Bullets it shot a little over 2" at 50yards, with 7 rounds touching inside 1". I shot Wolf Match at the steel comp and hope it would all stay together at 1", but have not shot paper with it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast