Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Bolt Action 22lr's.

Feedback Score
    FV-SR 300yd suppressed plinker.
    40moa base by EGW. SWFA fixed 16x.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-06-18 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    Anshutz
    "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil
    ... you know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Lt. Gen. James Mattis, USMC, former 1st Marine Division CO

Feedback Score
    If you can wait a couple of months, Tikka is bringing one to market that looks good.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    OP wound up getting a Savage Mark II BV. It was a great choice for his budget and application and opens the road to a lot of .22 fun and is also capable for a lot of matches.

If I was still looking for a high end bolt .22 repeater I'd open another thread exploring more options in the $1200-3500 category (anschutz MSR54 or 64, high end CZ work, stiller2500, 40x/V22) but I've all ready put $ down a precision SS bolt action with a controlled round feed that doesn't utilize a feed ramp and dent the soft lead upon insertion into the chamber. I am expecting one of your products in late january.
    Can't wait to see it! The V22 is controlled feed? I didn't realize it. I really want to see one.

There is also a 22lr RPR from Ruger coming out.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Can't wait to see it! The V22 is controlled feed? I didn't realize it. I really want to see one.

There is also a 22lr RPR from Ruger coming out.
    Yep, the V-22 is CRF, not uncommon for 22LR platforms, so is the 1911.

MB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea there are a lot of great options coming out for .22 in addition to the great stuff all ready out there.

Right now I'm being torn 6 ways, between the CZ455, Kidds, ruger10/22, a T3 action and the upcoming V22 I'm also chasing a martini. The the new ruger precision and tikka also look to be great midrange offerings. Gonna have to find some more rimfire matches. Still waiting for the 2018 Appleseed schedule to be released.

Feedback Score
    It is great to have all these options now. I'm getting a hankering for a JP 22lr upper.

How old are your kids to shoot in the appleseed? Little Hand and I went down for one of Hoser's matches last year- in 40mph winds. That is a haul though and getting back up I-25 through the Springs afterwards is a PITA. My son is liking the carbine matches, and I just saw that they will continue later this year with a new MD. That has cut into our 22lr and my plans to move into PRS. He can run and AR like a pro, and even runs my LMT-MWS. Not bad for a 12yo.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerOne View Post
    If you can wait a couple of months, Tikka is bringing one to market that looks good.
    I love my Tac A1 and seeing the news on the T1x does peak my interest. I wanted to pick up a .22lr as a trainer and for just plain old plinking fun. The T1x looks like a winner
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    From those that have handled the Tikka, they say it will be worth the wait. While I’m CZ heavy, I may pick one up to run suppressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast