Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Bolt Action 22lr's.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Any chance that tikka will be available left handed?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Of all the features they mention in the vids... 'lefty' is not one of them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Of all the features they mention in the vids... 'lefty' is not one of them.
    Tikka reps at shot show were battered for the following: left hand, 22mag, stainless, wood stock.

So they are aware of the wish list items.

The fact that the Tx1 will fit in the Tx3 inletting is huge. You can literally run the exact same chassis/stock combo for your centerfire and rimfire. The bolt looks to be a full size item, not reduced for rimfire, that will be interesting. Tikka and Sako barrels are made on the same machinery, this is looking better and better.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    Tikka reps at shot show were battered for the following: left hand, 22mag, stainless, wood stock.

So they are aware of the wish list items.

The fact that the Tx1 will fit in the Tx3 inletting is huge. You can literally run the exact same chassis/stock combo for your centerfire and rimfire. The bolt looks to be a full size item, not reduced for rimfire, that will be interesting. Tikka and Sako barrels are made on the same machinery, this is looking better and better.
    Wow, that is awesome.
    I’ll just keep hoping they do a southpaw.

Feedback Score
    I finally shot my new Savage today. Shoots pretty good. I put a Leupold 2-7x28mm rimfire scope on it (gonna put a Leupold VX-2 4-12x40mm Adj. Opt. on it eventually.

I shot CCI Stingers (32 gr. 1640 fps), CCI Mini-Mags (40 gr. 1235 fps) and Winchester Super X HP's (40 gr. 1280 fps).

Zeroed it at 50 yds. Group sizes were all about the same for all three loads.

At 50 yds.
    .75" to 1". A little smaller at 25 yds. with elevation being about the same as 50 yds.

At 100 yds.
    I only shot the Stingers and Super X's, groups were 1" to 1.25" (really good since my eye's aren't the best). The Stringers were about 1 to 1.5" low. The Super X's were 4 to 5 inches low.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That’s solid shooting and results. For Savage price point, hard to beat

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That’s solid shooting and results. For Savage price point, hard to beat
    Yeah, I'm happy with it. Like most of my guns, they'll shoot better then I can shoot them.

I just looked at my target while I was in my truck. At 100 yds. the Stingers were about an inch low and the Super X's were about three inches low. Don't know why I thought they were lower.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    had a marlin bolt action 22lr. got rid of it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Avoid the CZ American. I bought one. Receiver was .machined wrong. Bolt would not fit in receiver. There was a burr in the bore that scratched a cleaning rod. Never got it to fire a shot. Funny thing: there was a target in the box that claimed my rifle shot a tiny group. I wondered how it did that with a bolt that wouldn't fit, and a burr in the bore. CZ magic?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Avoid the CZ American. I bought one. Receiver was .machined wrong. Bolt would not fit in receiver. There was a burr in the bore that scratched a cleaning rod. Never got it to fire a shot. Funny thing: there was a target in the box that claimed my rifle shot a tiny group. I wondered how it did that with a bolt that wouldn't fit, and a burr in the bore. CZ magic?
    I’m sorry for your bad experience, but I don’t think that is common. I think most people are very happy with the CZ rifles.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast