Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 3 Shooting High

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I didn’t mean it like that, I meant that it’s close enough to do that easily! How big are the plates?! What height combination are you using to achieve POA/POI from 0-25? It doesn’t seem mathematically possible.
    My previous pistol shot poi in the dot (Ameriglo pro glo sights) out to about 15, and to the top of the blade at 25, so realistically, within 2-3” (though I could never group tighter than 4” hence my “previous” pistol”)

My current gun shoots 5.25” high and I am accepting that as I’m trying an rds now. I have a .165” front, I believe a .18” front would get me around 2.5” closer iirc.

The bullet is traveling up still at 25yds, no? So poi should be between barrel poa out to the distance that poa=poi then poi will be higher than poa for some distance. This is a question, based off my experience of one pistol. Haven’t mapped the 2nd out yet.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 12-06-17 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I didn’t mean it like that, I meant that it’s close enough to do that easily! How big are the plates?! What height combination are you using to achieve POA/POI from 0-25? It doesn’t seem mathematically possible.
    Just kidding, I didn't take any offense, I"m sorry if you thought I did.

I shoot production class action pistol. I prefer POA=POI at 25 yards so I can hold center on the 8 inch plates. If the pistol has a mechanical accuracy of 2 in @ 25, that gives me 2 inches of fudge. Theoretically.

It won't shoot POA=POI in closer, or out further for that matter. With events ranging from 7 to 50 yards, getting it dialed in at 25 works best for me.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thank you for all the replies.

Depending on Mepro having taller front sights, I will attempt a front sight change.

If not, I'll send my slide to Glock and have the Ameriglos installed instead.

I'll be hitting the range again this weekend and give it another go. Maybe it's me and not the gun. I have been carrying/shooting full size Glocks for a while now so maybe that has something to do with it.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Wanted to give an update to this thread...

I took the Mepro Sights off the G19 and replaced them with Glock brand NS. These sights are for the 17, 19, 22 etc.

Went to the range today and shot the same ammo, same distances at the same cadence.

The sights/gun is spot on with POA/POI. From 3-15 yards the gun is on with the round impacting behind the front dot.

I cannot find anything wrong with the Meps. Even off of the gun they’re the same as all the other Meps I own. There has to be something I’m missing...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Try installing a different slide lock on your Glock. That part pushes up on the barrel and can have effect on the point of impact. There are variances between different slide locks some are slightly bigger, smaller than others
    Last edited by signal4l; 01-19-18 at 19:09.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I changed out the spring and slide lock already. I have a couple more on hand, I could try changing them around and see if there’s a change in POI.

Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Try installing a different slide lock on your Glock. That part pushes up on the barrel and can have effect on the point of impact. There are variances between different slide locks some are slightly bigger, smaller than others

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I changed out the spring and slide lock already. I have a couple more on hand, I could try changing them around and see if there’s a change in POI.
    That's the advice I got when discussing the same issue in an armorer's class. The slide locks are cheaper than the sights. I would swap those out first

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12