Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 3 Shooting High

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Glock 19 Gen 3 Shooting High

Meprolight Night sights

Part number: ML10224

These sights go on every Glock I own (Sans my 2 Gen 5's). I've been shooting with this particular brand of sights since I went to night sights exclusively (~12 years).

I bought 2 sets of these sights together just before Thanksgiving from the same store on the same day. Both are ML10224. 1 set went on a Glock 35 Gen 3 and the other a Glock 19 Gen 3. No issues with the 35 shooting from 5-25 yards. POA/POI are in the norm for me.

The 19 shoots about an inch high at 10 yards and off the paper (Center hold, dot covers target) at 25 yards. I ran American Eagle 124 and 147 grain FMJ as well as 124 +P Speer GDHP and 147 Speer GDHP. All with the same results. At 25 yards I need to hold almost at the bottom of my target (8.5x11" paper) in order to hit COM. If my math is correct that's just over 4 inches high at 25 yards.

Running my 19 Gen 5 with Ameriglo sights I have no issues and running my wife's 19 Gen 3 with the same exact Mepro sights I have no issues.

I measured the sights on the problem 19 and compared them to 4 other Gen 3 Glocks and they're the exact same height. I cannot discern any differences in the sights with my eyes.

Lock up on this 19 is tight with very little, if any, barrel movement. Brand new recoil spring. There's maybe 600 rounds through this gun as I normally carry a 17. It's an early model GYG prefix. All parts are OEM with a standard connector. Sights are the only aftermarket part. Installation of the sights was done by myself with all the proper sight installation tools.

Note: Because I carry a 17 most of the time, this 19 had the standard factory sights. I installed the Meps because I wanted to start carrying it instead. I did not have the POA issues with the factory sights like I do with the Meps.

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

Feedback Score

Glock 19 Gen 3 Shooting High

Some glocks, for whatever reason, shoot high.

I have seen it in consecutive serial numbered guns installing warren sights.

First gun shot fine with the standard front. Second gun needed a different height front... it was also shooting about 4” high at 25 using the standard height front (.215).

Verify that your groups are consistent at 25 and measure the needed POI shift carefully for your desired POA. Then I’d call / email meprolight and see if they’ll swap you the appropriate front or rear to dial in your adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Supposedly due to tolerance stacking some Glocks shoot higher/lower than others. My Gen 3 19 also shoots high. Lucky for me Dawson sent me a taller front free of charge under their perfect impact policy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Yup. Taller front is what you need.

Feedback Score
    Ameriglo also makes taller, affordable night sights with many front sight options. If you're trying to keep the same white outline and tritium insert similar to Meprolights, the Ameriglo website is very easy to browse and find what you're looking for.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I wouldn’t change them. 1” at 10 is almost immeasurable offhand and 4” at 25 is still zero down or minute of face.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I wouldn’t change them. 1” at 10 is almost immeasurable offhand and 4” at 25 is still zero down or minute of face.
    Although I kind of agree, I don't agree. LOL Clearly the OP shoots well enough to know the difference.

The problem I've had is that without an adjustable rear sight, you can end up chasing your tail replacing front sights trying to get POA=POI. I have started buying Dawson Precision sets whenever possible because of their perfect impact guarantee.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Although I kind of agree, I don't agree. LOL Clearly the OP shoots well enough to know the difference.

The problem I've had is that without an adjustable rear sight, you can end up chasing your tail replacing front sights trying to get POA=POI. I have started buying Dawson Precision sets whenever possible because of their perfect impact guarantee.
    I just don't see the combination of sights that get you POA/POI from 0-25M?

You're going to have some variance, and the variance he described is pretty acceptable to me. That's actually pretty much what my 34 prints right now with the Dawson set and I wipe the floor with everyone that doesn't have a MA classification.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I just don't see the combination of sights that get you POA/POI from 0-25M?

You're going to have some variance, and the variance he described is pretty acceptable to me. That's actually pretty much what my 34 prints right now with the Dawson set and I wipe the floor with everyone that doesn't have a MA classification.
    I'm not as frosty as you. I need them pretty much POA-POI for plates at 25yards.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm not as frosty as you. I need them pretty much POA-POI for plates at 25yards.
    I didn’t mean it like that, I meant that it’s close enough to do that easily! How big are the plates?! What height combination are you using to achieve POA/POI from 0-25? It doesn’t seem mathematically possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast