Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the INRANGE What Would Stoner Do WWSD rifle?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Thoughts on the INRANGE What Would Stoner Do WWSD rifle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI5NPiicXjE

I am a big fan of the Inrange and Forgotten Weapons youtube channels. The WWSD project has made some interesting choices in regards to the polymer GWACS lower and the carbon fiber hand guards. I am already a believer in the LW barrels and similar barrel profiles.

There is a series of youtube videos covering match footage with these rifles and the components they chose.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    WWSD fan here. I've been watching the series since they started and have really enjoyed all the thought and testing that has gone into the project.
    -tpdavis

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate and I picture us invading that world because they would never expect it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been following them since and before they even started the build.
    Not going to say that I agree with all of the choices that they made, the lower for example, I still find myself drawing to a lower with an adjustable stock, though my beard prefers a fixed, lol. Not to say they don't give their reasons though, but there are a few different directions I would probably go in doing a similar build.

The LW barrel is definitely a direction I like though, as is looking at each competent for weight and what it brings to the table. I also liked the testing I think P&S did regarding laser deflection which had Karl's rifle involved there. Was interesting as well. Also, I can't remember which channel of INrange or Forgotten Weapons they took a gwacs lower and shot it, and then ran another match with it. Kind of impressive.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I also liked the testing I think P&S did regarding laser deflection which had Karl's rifle involved there.
    I vaguely remember that video. What were the results of the testing? They went up against a Geissele rail if I remember correctly.

I am also hesitant on the GWACS lower but am thinking about giving it a try.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by controlledpairs2 View Post
    I vaguely remember that video. What were the results of the testing? They went up against a Geissele rail if I remember correctly.

I am also hesitant on the GWACS lower but am thinking about giving it a try.
    I don't remember the rails, I think the carbon fiber rail had similar vertical deflection, but also had horizontal deflection as well.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Is this the same Inrange guy who used to build custom AK's in eastern Tennessee? His day job was as a cop IIRC.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Is this the same Inrange guy who used to build custom AK's in eastern Tennessee? His day job was as a cop IIRC.
    No.
    Here link t INrangeTV.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeU...able_polymer=1

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That was why Inrange sounded familiar when I started watching their channel.

http://www.inrangec2.com

That should be close to Bass Pro, Knife Works, and Bud's. The town is named after Kodak cameras too.

I like the WWSD vids. The GWACS lower does look interesting and I really can't recall reading many bad reviews on them when they were Cav Arms.

Been trying to find the laser deflection one, does anyone have a link?
    Last edited by JasonB1; 12-31-17 at 22:11.

Feedback Score
    I like the idea of a good polymer lower, but an adjustable stock is essential to me. Everything else I think is rock solid; it's definitely a neat project.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When I see a guy who looks like he still plays Dungeons & Dragons and another dude in Kryptek; I tune out and disregard all they have to say.

Gene Stoner (Peace Be Upon Him) did the SR-15 and the SR-25.

These are just lame builds that look pointless.

Degeneracy......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast