Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AR10 Recommendation ???

Feedback Score
    There are stripped Aero Precision 308s available. I've seen Brownell's run sales on those. I think they're well under $900. My PSA setup runs well. Bought the upper on sale. But it wouldn't match up with my CMMG lower. Ended up picking up a PSA lower a few weeks later. Complete rifle for less than $600. 18", mid length, A2 sight.

Feedback Score
    Armalite DEF-10 can be had for less than $1000 and arguably the best value/quality and it not be a high end rifle.

Feedback Score
    Dont be fooled by a lack of advertising and swag, Armalite is indeed high end. The only thing they really lack is ambi controls.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Armalite would be my choice in the sub $1000 complete-rifle market.

Feedback Score
    As said, the “AR-10” lacks the standardization you’ve likely come to expect from AR-15s where pretty much everything is compatible. There are competing mag standards, receiver sizes, BCG sizes, etc. PSA is likely the lowest priced option.

In concept, I like Adams Arms:
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...le+308win+20rd

But their QC seems to be hit or miss and you might have to send it back for them to make things right.

If he’s mostly looking to hunt, he could spend a fraction of even PSA AR10 money on a bolt action .308 rifle.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Have you considered a Savage MSR10? They come in 308 and 6.5 CM. I am about to purchase a MSR10 Long Range in 308. I've read a few places that it's sub-MOA but I'm trying to find some more concrete data. Problem is, not many people have experience behind the gun.

Edit: I'm a sucker for knowledge and everyone with any sense in them has told me to get the 6.5CM instead of a 308. Now I've got to sell off these 100rounds of M118LR that's sitting around.
    Last edited by ZoneOne; 12-23-17 at 11:43.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Armalite can be had under 1k and are probably the best budget choice imo. Aero has an oem model at Brownells as well.

On the lower end PSA. Sells uppers and lowers you can pin together for around $600 but get mixed feedback. Most have to add adjustable gas block to get running reliably. Dpms also had lower end models that seem to get mixed feedback as well

Own 2 PSA AR-10s and I haven’t had to add an ash Gb. That being said, I might be one of the lucky ones.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I went the Aero Precision route and built my own since this is purely a hunting rifle. I feel that I have a very solid build though. I’ve had no issues so far, but I’ve only fired a few hundred rounds.

Faxon 16” medium taper barrel
    Faxon BCG
    VLTOR A5 with Armalite spring and buffer
    Forward Controls bolt catch, magazine release, and magazine release spring
    BCM LPK
    SLR Rifleworks MLOK rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Had one of these almost 2 years now just a beast for me it's a ranch gun I beat the snot out of it. 8 pounds, DI and wouldn't change a thing about it. DPMS patterned receiver set.
    https://www.livefreearmory.com/produ...tical-carbine/
    Last edited by sasquatchoslav; 03-12-18 at 09:01.

Feedback Score
    I have the Colt MARC 901 with Conversion Kit. It is the only "AR10" I know that you can use with standard AR15 uppers (with the conversion kit). The 901 is a sub-MOA shooter. I can also use my Smith Enterprise Windtalker 7.62mm suppressor on my 5.56mm uppers (all have a Smith Enterprise Vortex flash hider). I don't really use the conversion kit. I have an M4 lower that I use with various M4 uppers including a 9mm conversion for PCC events.
    Colt Family.jpg
    CCUC with 901 Adapter.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast