Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Kimber Rail Gun

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Custom mixed Cerakote over Parkerizing.
    It's a Roger's build, so it's gonna be both beautiful and dead nuts reliable. Q, how do you feel about using a Kimber as a base gun for the build out? Was that a customer requested build using the Kimber? My understanding was (which perhaps changed...) was few smiths choose a Kimber as a base gun to build on given the choice per se.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    "Do you have to scuff up the park finish before cerakote or is it rough enough for application?"

The initial 120 grit aluminum oxide blast provides the 'rough' finish necessary for good adhesion.
    The Parkerizing enhances adhesion even more, as well as adds a 2nd layer of protection.

"Q, how do you feel about using a Kimber as a base gun for the build out? Was that a customer requested build using the Kimber?"

Well I feel real good about it! Kimber uses good steel and heat treat on their slides, frames and barrels.
    Dimensions are correct. Pin holes properly located.
    Not a customer request. I built this one for myself.

Thanks for the kind words guys!
    Cheap-Fast-Good
    Pick any two.

Feedback Score
    Absolutely stunning! You are actually located near where I live but sadly know I can’t possible afford not have the patience to be on your waiting list. I very much like the trigger- I detest long triggers which it seems every maker seems obligated to use these days. I also like the bobbed hammer as opposed to the round or oval ones also popular today.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    "Do you have to scuff up the park finish before cerakote or is it rough enough for application?"

The initial 120 grit aluminum oxide blast provides the 'rough' finish necessary for good adhesion.
    The Parkerizing enhances adhesion even more, as well as adds a 2nd layer of protection.

"Q, how do you feel about using a Kimber as a base gun for the build out? Was that a customer requested build using the Kimber?"

Well I feel real good about it! Kimber uses good steel and heat treat on their slides, frames and barrels.
    Dimensions are correct. Pin holes properly located.

Not a customer request. I built this one for myself.

Thanks for the kind words guys!
    Good know, thanx
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12