Thread: To chassis....or not to chassis....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

To chassis....or not to chassis....

Update: I spoke to Matt at XLR today. I was seriously gonna go with the Element, but I ended up with an Envy instead. Bought an AICS mag from them as well as I learned from both Matt and reading above that PMAG's dont work. They have one in stock, so it shouldnt be too long before its in. Thanks for the help gents.

I have a Tikka T3X CTR 20" in 6.5 Creedmore on its way to me. I have not shot a bolt gun in 15 years, and have never hunted with one or done target shooting with a bolt gun either. I, however, have always wanted a really cool bolt gun to do some light deer hunting, varmint hunting, and target/steel shooting with my buddies that have Ruger RPR's and Savage Stealth's.

So, I got a random hair up my arse the other night and ordered a CTR and Vortex Viper 4-16x50 HS scope. Now, I should have just bought a RPR and been done with it, but I wasn't thinking right....

I went to my LGS and actually held CTR, and I'll be honest, I am not a huge fan of the stock. The other part of me that I hate is that everything I have must be super cool at all times. I am sure this gun with the current stock could outshoot me anyday of the week, but nothing can be left alone...

So, I really like the look of a chassis and think they may benefit me as a shooter.

$750 is my top end of the budget

XLR Element: Cheaper option, with stock it's $672.
    XLR Envy: Seems to have everything someone like me would be looking for in a Chassis, and it's only $740.
    KRG X Ray: It's a beautiful stock, but it would seem that with the add-ons needed to get to where the Envy is, the price point no longer makes sense.
    KRG Bravo: It's slightly more traditional, and seems heavier, but the $400 price tag is nice
    MDT LSS: A fairly affordable option, but I would need to provide my own furniture and it seems almost to minimalist (what do I know though)

And the last option, keep the CTR stock, add a Harris BRM Bipod, and just shoot it.

What seems like the best option here?

I'm leaning towards the XLR Envy at the top end, and KRG Bravo at the low.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-05-17 at 19:43.