Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To chassis....or not to chassis....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I really like a lot of the Mcmillan offerings, but their ordering system is wonky and it makes it too tough.
    Haha - forgot to mention that part. If you like their goods It’s definitely worth the phone call, even to just get an idea of what does/doesn’t work for your needs. Manners also offers a similar product, but I can’t speak to their ordering process.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Get on the hide and look for a manners t4a or t6a used. I have shot several chassis and now have manners on all my guns except the 338LM, which still has the XLR on it.

Chassis tend to...like to be driven harder...traditional stocks are more of a Cadillac style that like to be snuggled up to when shooting.

You can also check the manners site daily to see if a new one pops up there, but you will have 1k in one after bedding. Or order one and wait 10 months for it.

I will say that the MPA chassis shoots better than the xlr's if you decide to go that route.

I don't really shoot my AR's or pistols anymore. I am all long range bolt actions. 6's and 6.5's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    What are you doing for mags?

For my Tikka T3x I put it in a MDT HS3 chassis (got it on scratch and dent/demo off their website, $200 off if I remember right)and use their mags at $40 a pop. Magpul AICS mags WILL NOT work with the Tikka T3, the feed lips are too wide. The MDT's AICS mags work fine though..
    Seriously? Well, great, I ****ed up then.

Thought I was gonna save money on mags going for AICS bottom metal and Magpul mags. Turns out I'm a moron..

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Wow, 15lbs is heavy. Is that common with a chassis rifle?
    Not necessarily. I have a heavy palma barrel and a can on the end. That's where the majority of the weight comes from.

It's intentional though, heavier guns jump around less and that helps when trying to spot your own shots.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    Seriously? Well, great, I ****ed up then.

Thought I was gonna save money on mags going for AICS bottom metal and Magpul mags. Turns out I'm a moron..
    Nah, you are still ok, the MDT mags are a AICS form factor and do fit the Tikka https://mdttac.com/products/mdt-polymer-magazines

I'm still amazed at Tikka's prices for spare mags, $140 last time I checked for CTR's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    Nah, you are still ok, the MDT mags are a AICS form factor and do fit the Tikka https://mdttac.com/products/mdt-polymer-magazines

I'm still amazed at Tikka's prices for spare mags, $140 last time I checked for CTR's.
    I kinda already bought the Magpul ones, that's my screwup. Chassis hasn't arrived yet so I didn't realize until I read this thread. I guess I'm just gonna file them down until they fit, it's an easy fix apparently.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Update: I spoke to Matt at XLR today. I was seriously gonna go with the Element, but I ended up with an Envy instead. Bought an AICS mag from them as well as I learned from both Matt and reading above that PMAG's dont work. They have one in stock, so it shouldnt be too long before its in. Thanks for the help gents.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Update: I spoke to Matt at XLR today. I was seriously gonna go with the Element, but I ended up with an Envy instead. Bought an AICS mag from them as well as I learned from both Matt and reading above that PMAG's dont work. They have one in stock, so it shouldnt be too long before its in. Thanks for the help gents.
    Pmags don’t work in the envy or not at all?

I run Pmags in my Manners without issue. They actually feed smother then my AI mags. Sometimes I have to check if a round is in the chamber because I didn’t feel any resistance while clambering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Pmags don’t work in the envy or not at all?

I run Pmags in my Manners without issue. They actually feed smother then my AI mags. Sometimes I have to check if a round is in the chamber because I didn’t feel any resistance while clambering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PMAGs don't work with the Tikka t3x action without mods, AFAIK.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice, XLR has one of the best priced folding stock options out there that can be easily added later. Looks like the envy is still a drop in chassis system so that makes life a lot easier as optics stay on the action instead of having to move from action to chassis rail.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast