Thread: 7.62x39 AK pistol question...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

7.62x39 AK pistol question...

I searched for 7.62x39 pistols on google and gunbroker and got plenty of info, too much in fact.

What 7.62x39 AK pistols, if any, have ALL of the following features (if it exists, I can't find it)...

Stamped receiver NOT milled

Standard rear sight NOT Krinkov style

Side mounted optics rail

5/8x24 threads

Ability to use an AR pattern brace

Ability to accept standard AKM forearms

That's all, I don't want to be unreasonable ;-)

TED

Feedback Score
    There are no factory AK pistols that meet that criteria that I'm aware of. The 5/8x24 threads are pretty much a deal killer when it comes to AK pistols. I think you'll have to do a custom build or alter your criteria. If you want the 5/8x24 threads for a suppressor, why not just get a different adapter for your suppressor?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No ComBloc rifle is going to come with imperial threads or have that specific list of criteria out of the box, but a Draco or Draco-C will get you close. They'll be 14x1LH and will not have a side optic rail. They do use most standard AKM handguards, rear sights, and have stamped receivers. You can add a side rail yourself with the bolt or rivet-on CSDFW kit, and the flat rear trunnion makes it easy to add an SB brace (or adapter kit), but you cannot re-thread 14x1 to 5/8x24, and there's no extra barrel there for you to do a cut and thread, so you're going to have to check for concentricity and IF it's concentric, then you can run a thread adapter and your current can. If your threads are not concentric (extremely common) and you are bound and determined to run a can on an AK pistol (AKs don't suppress well anyways), a Dead Air Wolverine is by far your best option.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 12-05-17 at 11:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your best bet is get a 107ur and sbr it, that way you can thread it how you want.

Otherwise you're basically shit out of luck.

Avoid any American made ak that comes with American threads, American made aks are complete garbage that will break