Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vortex Razor LPV Coming...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
    Just some upgrades...same scope otherwise. NF does have a 1-8 coming out and it's supposed to be FFP at somewhat of a reasonable price point.
    That will be nice to see. I'm also wondering if the new Vortex Razor will be FFP.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I don't know for sure, but does *anyone* in three gun competion use a FFP scope on their fast and furious rifles ? If not, as they say, that would be considered a clue.

Also, the following information is from a 2017 Remington magazine article I was reading at the bookstore about our armed services deciding to stick with the 7.62x51mm instead of the newer 6mm calibers. The head NC officer in charge of the special forces sniper school had done a survey of 108 school trained snipers who had seen service in Afghanistan and Iraq. The snipers were asked about engagement distances where they were employed as snipers. * The average * engagment distance for the 108 men across both theaters was 396 meters or *433 yards*. Its likely the marines were seeing something very similar. I would think at 433yds a FFP scope is not really needed or maybe even wanted and inside of 400yds the same would apply to a 16" barreled AR. After about 500 yds, I would rather just step up to a larger caliber and from there on out a FFP reticle might be preferred.
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-05-17 at 23:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I don't know for sure, but does *anyone* in three gun competion use a FFP scope on their fast and furious rifles ? If not, as they say, that would be considered a clue.
    Could it be because there are only a handful of FFP low power scope that would lend themselves toward 3 gun?
    I can only think of two off the top of my head and only one really has the proper reticle for a 16’ barrel and 75/77g bullets.
    I have not seen it for myself but the word on the street is the glass sucks but a version 2 is in the works to be released shortly by Eotech. Shot show maybe.

The two most common bullets in 3 gun or go fast type shooting is 55g Hornady followed by 75g Hornady then 77g SMK.
    Funny part is most manufactures don’t really seem to ask their customers what recticles they want and just put out some sort of bastardized avg or gear it toward a 55g load with unreachable velocities with a 16’ barrel.

Feedback Score
    I hope one of the upgrades is less weight. My 1-6 was a pig.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Probably 34mm tube..in either 1-6 or 1-8..but the weight..I don’t think it’s gonna be lighter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. Can't see how making the tube wider will result in less weight

Feedback Score
    If that is really a picture of it I don’t think it is a 34mm tube. I’m sure it is just an update to 8x. I mean they are revealing this on the 8th. Coincidence? I think not. Haha. I am interested to see their new red dot too that I have hear rumor of being released the same day.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    No FFP.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Colt Armorer Course, 2004
    Remington Factory LE Armorer School (870, 1187, and 700), 2008, 2013
    Remington 870 LE Armorer course, 2017
    Specialized Armament M16 / M4 / AR-15® Advanced Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    Glock Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    S&W M&P 15 Armorer Course, 2013, 2019

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FMKeith View Post
    If that is really a picture of it I don’t think it is a 34mm tube. I’m sure it is just an update to 8x. I mean they are revealing this on the 8th. Coincidence? I think not. Haha. I am interested to see their new red dot too that I have hear rumor of being released the same day.
    They're releasing all of their new optics including the two new higher powered Strike Eagles on the 8th.

Feedback Score
    Higher than the 1-8? Wow. That might be a nice toy to have at the range.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    This. Can't see how making the tube wider will result in less weight
    More air inside. Duh.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast