So I was picking up a lower in my local FFL/Pawnshop the other day and a shotgun caught my eye. It was a Remington 11-87. I don't think it was a police model but looked like one with the 18 0r 20" barrel and extended tube. It may have been an express magnum. I know all the stink around Remington lately so I would be hesitant to buy, but it was priced at $249. This seems really low to me. I have an 870 Express Magnum that I turkey hunt with and I have had problems with it. I probably bought it 15 years ago and had some kind part fall out of the, bolt/ejector idk ,I don't remember but it screwed the gun up and I had to get it fixed at a gunsmith. After reading through several threads lately it seems that most prefer an auto for defensive use. I can see where the short stroking a pump could be a real issue. I do have a couple Glocks and a DD rifle that are my primary defense weapons right now. In my home I would likely be wholed up in the back corner of my room waiting for someone to come in on me. I think a shotgun would be hard to beat for my personal house set up. Different weapons would be available for different situations. Do ya'll think it would be worth a gamble at that price? Unfortunately I do not really know what to look for when inspecting the gun.