Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triarc Systems

Feedback Score

Triarc Systems

This company came to my attention recently via the good old Youtube/IG social media, but I haven't heard much about them elsewhere. A search didn't bring up much aside from their own site and a couple video reviews. Does anyone have experience with their products? Looking at their site, I can't decide if they're gimmicky or GTG. Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would consider them boutique more than gimmicky. I've been aware of them since they launched because of their barrels. They use the same barrel blanks (fj feddersen) that MicroMOA used to use. I recently picked up one of their 13.7" barrels but haven't finished the build.

Eta: their rifles pop up on the IG pages for First Spear and SOFREP TV quite often. Not sure if that validates them or not
    Last edited by AAMP84; 02-16-18 at 16:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They are local. I have shot with the owner. Really nice guy and a great shooter.

I agree on the boutique aspect. Their claim seems to be their coatings, but I dont think they were anything special. Titanium Nitride or something along those lines.

They are geared IMO more towards the 3 gun and competition arena.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    They are geared IMO more towards the 3 gun and competition arena.
    They have a few former SOF guys advertising for them though, nine_banger and Ronin Tactics come to mind. I think there's one or two more as well.
    Last edited by Wake27; 02-16-18 at 16:35.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    They have a few former SOF guys advertising for them though, nine_banger and Ronin Tactics come to mind. I think theres one or two more as well.
    I dont know about any deals they have made personally, BUT in our neck of the woods there are quite a few retired SOF type guys AND the range that they(and I ) shoot at most of the time is home to a lot of those types as well.

He offered to build me an upper, but even at a discount the price was to steep for my wallet. And like I said beyond the titanium nitride coating(or whatever their special coating is) nothing "stood out" at me... Im not a huge believer in the fancy coatings to be honest though.

I know the owner beats the shit out of his own products...ive seen that with my own eyes. And the guy shoots high round counts between testing, training, and competing every month. My eyes watered a bit when he said what he shoots monthly...and doesnt reload(that was where our conversation was going since I am a reloader).

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm with you on coatings, the only thing I really might get excited about is inbond or Geissele's nanocoating. I do like that you can select all of the options when building an upper though, I don't know of many companies that offer complete uppers with Geissele rails.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't care for the bling factor of TiN, but similar coatings like DLC and AlaTiN are great, so is NP3. Wes from MSTN has raved about DLC for years.
    Last edited by AAMP84; 02-16-18 at 16:46.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Their glock rifling is very interesting.

Feedback Score
    I think the pricing is reflective of being a "boutique." I don't see the allure, as they seem to use Black Nitride and NP3 like other well-established guys.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    I think the pricing is reflective of being a "boutique." I don't see the allure, as they seem to use Black Nitride and NP3 like other well-established guys.
    Yeah, the pricing is reflective of them being an "assembler" and not a manufacturer. The main draw for me was their barrels. They're the only place offering ar barrels made from FJ Feddersen blanks. From reading reviews, they are highly accurate barrels and incredibly consistent across ammo brands/weights. The NP3 is something I like to see also, especially since they use it for the barrel extensions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast