Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me clone.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Help me clone.

Alright, gurus. I shot a run and gun with 5th SFG and would like to clone their guns. Just bought a Colt M4 lower, and need to begin the upper. I plan on using a Colt 14.5" bbl and having ADCO pin and weld a Silencerco Trifecta to it for my Omega. Is that a RISII FSP Rail? What flashlight is that? What's the cheapest route for a 14.5 upper that hasn't been molested? What model EOTech is that? 36980486276_dbb9711594_k (1).jpg36333447064_992e154479_k.jpg
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Help me clone.

Yeah RIS II FSP, EOTech EXPS3, and the light is from Insight. I think they use Colt uppers with the DD rail as opposed to entire DD uppers. BCM offers carbine length uppers without rails, I’d use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 12-05-17 at 11:29.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don’t think that light is available anymore. Bright as heck, though.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What model is it? Do I need a different barrel nut?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like a standard SOPMOD Block II setup. You already have the Colt lower so I'd go ahead and get a Colt stripped upper to match along with a 14.5" SOCOM barrel. Daniel Defense RIS II rail (the one pictured is an FSP variant), EOTech EXPS3-0. The light is an Insight WMX-200 and is discontinued. They go for $600+ if you manage to find one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ok, so since I’m not going to be spending $600 on the light and putting tan surefire on there instead can I get one of those Troy rails instead? How do those compare to the RIS II?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, there's this.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...NIEL%2bDEFENSE

PN: 100-025-583WB

It's a 16" barrel versus a 14.5" though. (ETA; also midlength, not carbine.)
    Last edited by Shooterman017; 12-05-17 at 19:03.
    Industry Disclosure
    Current: Blue Force Gear

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If that was 14.5 I’d be all over it. I think I’m going with the BCM 14.5 SOCOM stripped upper.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go with a Surefire Scout light as they are used plenty often. Regarding the Troy rail... that has nothing to do with a clone, so don't waste your time even a little bit.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Ok, so since I’m not going to be spending $600 on the light and putting tan surefire on there instead can I get one of those Troy rails instead? How do those compare to the RIS II?
    If you actually want to make a clone of what you showed us then there are no alternate rails. If you're not concerned with that then just build whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Go with a Surefire Scout light as they are used plenty often. Regarding the Troy rail... that has nothing to do with a clone, so don't waste your time even a little bit.
    Stick is right on with that. A Scout light is a perfectly acceptable alternative.
    Last edited by StevieJ309; 12-05-17 at 19:04. Reason: .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast