Thread: Help me clone.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Stick- I agree.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Stick- I agree.
    The rail becomes one of the largest identifiers of the clone. Guys are willing to use a 16" instead of pinning a 14.5" barrel, or using a different light, but the rail is the meat and potatoes. You can't change the rail and call it a clone, at least not without getting laughed at and lectured by the internet people who you will never meet.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I’ve met quite a few people off of here! TXBK is a very good friend of mine!

I agree on all counts. I thought the RIS II was unobtainable, though- it looks like SKD has them in stock, or am I kissing something- are there different models, or was it the FDE everyone was chasing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FDE is what's issued and what you would want for a clone. Daniel Defense hasn't sold the rail separately for a few years now. You can either pick one up from an individual selling theirs (and they seem to be plentiful these days) or buy a complete Daniel Defense upper.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’ve seen them for sale recently, maybe they brought them back as a separate item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Not that I have a dog in this fight, but I saw a couple RIS II FSP rails in the EE a day ago, you may want to start your search there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieJ309 View Post
    FDE is what's issued and what you would want for a clone. Daniel Defense hasn't sold the rail separately for a few years now. You can either pick one up from an individual selling theirs (and they seem to be plentiful these days) or buy a complete Daniel Defense upper.
    I believe it was one of the Airborne units which was using black, simply because they were what was available when they needed them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    OK. What is the correct order of march here? I'm buying a BCM 14.5 upper. Can I send that to ADCO complete and have them pin and weld the trifecta on there, or will that interfere with me installing the RIS II?
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    You could pick up one of these:

https://www.westernsport.com/product...e-m4-urg-m4a1/

It has the 14.5 barrel, though the muzzle decide is not clone-correct.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
    You could pick up one of these:

https://www.westernsport.com/product...e-m4-urg-m4a1/

It has the 14.5 barrel, though the muzzle decide is not clone-correct.
    I appreciate the effort, however that does not clone the rifle in the pictures.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast