Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me clone.

Feedback Score
    Oops, didn't notice the FSP in your picture.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    OK. What is the correct order of march here? I'm buying a BCM 14.5 upper. Can I send that to ADCO complete and have them pin and weld the trifecta on there, or will that interfere with me installing the RIS II?

You need to quit messing around with a pin and weld setup. You need to get the lower SBRed on a Form 1 and install the correct Surefire flash hider. You are in Texas so you shouldn't have any trouble getting NFA items.

The Silencerco Saker is not the issued silencer for the Block 2 SOPMOD kit. The Surefire RC in tan color is the issued silencer.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    You need to quit messing around with a pin and weld setup. You need to get the lower SBRed on a Form 1 and install the correct Surefire flash hider. You are in Texas so you shouldn't have any trouble getting NFA items.

The Silencerco Saker is not the issued silencer for the Block 2 SOPMOD kit. The Surefire RC in tan color is the issued silencer.
    Scott,

I have several SBR'd lowers/rifles. I do not have a surefire can and do not have an interest in purchasing another can at the moment. I travel across state lines often and don't want to file any forms- hence the pin and weld. I used to be vehemently against it, until I started competing around the country. This will give me the shortest suppressed setup I can travel with and also clone some rifles I shot against at a great competition.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Not positive but I believe the barrel nut has to go on before the muzzle device and gas block. I’d just buy all the components and then send the whole URG in at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Yes, you need to strip the barrel completely (including the front sight base) before you can install ANY barrel nut. A decent armorer's bench block for FSBs, and a decent set of punches will help get that accomplished.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Alright boys. Tan mini scout is in hand along with the EXPS3-0. We’re almost there. The upper with my RISII FSP is coming back from ADCO after being pinned and welded. The one thing I noticed is that none of the 5th Group guys used a fore grip. I tried it myself, but I don’t like that feeling at all. I typically use a magpul VFG, but I feel a handstop or AFG would look more appropriate. I have zero experience with handstops- so what do you all think? Most importantly, what would look the coolest? What is my best option for rail ladders? Typically I just use magpul or whatever but I know there are hard rail covers that slide on. The group guys didn’t use any, but I don’t always shoot with gloves, and I’m a Nancy.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'd just run some Magpul ladder covers.

For the clone world, only you can decide how far you want to take it. Like Stick said the rail/handguard is the key identifying item.

If you run VFG or AFG's personally I'd just run one of those, to keep your muscle memory for comps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123