Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust your life to a Wylde chambered AR?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I wasn’t saying that solid companies don’t offer them, more that it seems some really shitty companies do. It made me wonder if maybe it’s easier to produce a cheaply made Wylde chamber than it is a cheaply made 5.56 chamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I wasn’t saying that solid companies don’t offer them, more that it seems some really shitty companies do. It made me wonder if maybe it’s easier to produce a cheaply made Wylde chamber than it is a cheaply made 5.56 chamber.

I think it's companies just giving the consumer what they want. Whats so wrong with that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nocalsocal; 12-06-17 at 06:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Given the tolerance variances of the chambers, I don't see how this would ever be an issue one would consider.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HackerF15E; 12-06-17 at 06:59. Reason: attachment didn't work correctly, sorry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

On low end companies I'd bet it has more to do with buzzwords. Like tactical, operator, milspec. Slap those on a product and the low informed buyer think it must be better.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    On low end companies I'd bet it has more to do with buzzwords. Like tactical, operator, milspec. Slap those on a product and the low informed buyer think it must be better.
    This. A company like Bear Creek Aresenal sells $60 barrels in 223 wylde. For a customer that doesnt know any better they think they are getting a more accurate barrel at a cheap price just because it is 223 wylde. The more respectable companies that use the chamber realize that all the other things such as tolerance, machining etc need to be right before something like 223 wylde chamber would even make a difference. I believe Faxon said they didnt come out with the chamber immediately because it wont make a difference unless everything else is perfect. Then you may be able to squeeze the extra 5% accuracy improvement with the 223 wylde

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Anyone can build a gun with any of the chambers, and royally screw it up.

So to say that a gun is automatically not dependable due to a wylde chamber, yet a gun with a 5.56mm chamber is automatically dependable is an inaccurate and dangerous assumption.

My AR is with me every day that I am at work, and I need to trust my life and the lives of others to this gun. For me to trust my rifle, there are a lot of factors that must be considered.

My work gun and my spare are chambered in 5.56mm, only because that is the only chamber these guns are made in. I don't realistically have a need to go past 100 yards at work. Most times I'm under 100 feet. So any extra perceived accuracy that may be obtained by the use of the wylde chamber over the 5.56mm chamber are waisted. But to satisfy any OCD I may have, I have taken my 5.56mm guns and shot at distance. I'm more than satisfied with the potential accuracy, should I need it.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    No, it's mot any cheaper from a machining standpoint. Same operation, different reamer. More likely that their customer base prefers the Wylde chambering for the accuracy benefits real or perceived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes.

I have a relatively high round count WOA .223 Wylde Barrel that I bought years ago off of a vendor called JTAC Supply. I've shot everything from Wolf 55GR to Black Hills 77GR without issue, reliably.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    Piston AR's in general don't get a lot of respect around these parts but one that does is the PWS. All of the mod1's were wylde, not sure about mod2.
    The Mod 2 barrels have the Wylde chamber
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    The Mod 2 barrels have the Wylde chamber
    Purchased one a while back - definitely Wylde. Also, why does IMI/SGAmmo state that 77gr 262 should not be fired from a Wylde chamber - just CYA?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast