Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: HR38 National Reciprocity

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Folks, the NRA is playing us for fools again.

Why would so many so called conservative Congressmen vote yes on a combined bill for concealed carry reciprocity if it contained a "poison pill" gun control bill that throws $625 million at an already broken NICS system?

Here's your answer. Apparently the NRA is strong-arming the Congressmen into supporting the combined bill and essentially threatening their NRA rating if they don't vote 'yes'.

Shhhh

You can't question the almighty NRA here. It's a very sensitive topic.

For real though, this is case in point why I refuse to give them a dime.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Dream on......

..... Jeff Flake. Will do anything to piss off Trump and side with the other 10 Dems that will vote NO.

It would be nice if Grassley would give us this on his way out but Flake will kill it just for spite.

Plus, even if he did let it clear that committee ... somebody... I don't know who... but somebody would pull a McCain once the tally neared 49

Plus it's the holidays, they need to go Christmas shopping.

CC Rep will never happen. It's a distraction.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Dream on......

..... Jeff Flake. Will do anything to piss off Trump and side with the other 10 Dems that will vote NO.

It would be nice if Grassley would give us this on his way out but Flake will kill it just for spite.

Plus, even if he did let it clear that committee ... somebody... I don't know who... but somebody would pull a McCain once the tally neared 49

Plus it's the holidays, they need to go Christmas shopping.

CC Rep will never happen. It's a distraction.
    This is the sad truth. They had two years, and pissed it all away. Again. Neither side of the aisle wants us to have it, because that would be the first step in them admitting that they are wrong in promoting gun control and that gun control doesn't work. They can't have the workers concealed carrying in the Politburu's city you know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The only positive changes I can foresee would be suppressor oriented. Even that would likely only happen as part of a compromise. The irony that is the suppressor regulation. It doesn't even fit the Lefts narrative. I guess they figure a multi-gun murderer is going to go out and spend a few thousand bucks, create a larger visual profile to conceal, and once they start shooting in a crowd, the stampede of screaming people will also be silenced.

But... they will put forth more death will occur if "silencers" were legal so they get to use that as a bargaining chip..... and many on the Right will buy into it. So something like a UBC + Suppressors off NFA list type deal. Still will be classified as a firearm. ... and I'm not even sure what the implications are when they start messing around with NFA regulations.

Hell, Virginia still outlaws switchblade knives unless you can prove you belong to a certain class of citizen. Politicians do not and will not take up their time to reverse those insane type laws. Those type laws are like a little pot of gold in bargaining power for them. They never know when they might come in handy so they keep them. Better to have and not need than to return possession to the rightful owner.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Whatever minuscule chance nationwide reciprocity had died forever in Las Vegas.

I'll never happen. HPA will never happen. Removing the sporting clause will never ever happen.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Guess what did happen though..... I was listening to drive time radio this afternoon and our local guy is saying the Bump Stock deal is ready to be signed and it's a "Turn Them In or Destroy" deal.

So he asked people to call in and comment on two aspects.... do you think it's a slipper slope / Boil the Frog deal OR a Sacrificial Lamb deal?

Now he only gets to have a handful of callers due to time. Let's say 5-7. I know at least 2-3 just said BumpStock was a joke, can be done other ways. I know 2 people said it was just a sacrificial lamb deal. Give it to them and it's done.

Only 1 or maybe 2 said this was a boil the frog situation. One more piece of the pie until they get everything.

Even on this forum you will see 85% ratios on various mentalities regarding strict conclusions. So in the public can we really expect to get anything nearing 50% strict 2A compliance without a massive fight? I don't see how and I believe the next time the Dems get all three branches in their hands it's all going down the toilet.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910