Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New eyewear-friendly gelcups for Howard Leight (and other) muffs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Neil. Signed up and rec'd a confirmation but still find the kickstarter instructions confusing. When it asked me to confirm my password it told me the link had expired (less than 30 seconds) and would not let me get back to it. We'll see if it works out, I guess.

I am an old fart (boot '66) and wear hearing aids. I typically take them out and increase the gain on my ImpactSports to hear range commands. Once I get them, if I do, I will be happy to compare with and with out the HAs and do a review. With a better seal, I suspect i will be able to wear the aids and decrease the gain on my muffs.
    Sorry to hear about the password trouble, sir. Please feel free to contact me at team@noisefighters.com and we can both continue this conversation and make sure you're totally signed up, without cluttering this thread. I'm also quite interested to get your review with hearing aids, as I've had about five other people mention the exact same thing you've written.

Feedback Score
    How sensitive to temperature is the gel? I would love to try these on a flight helmet as well if the temp sensitivity is low.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    How sensitive to temperature is the gel? I would love to try these on a flight helmet as well if the temp sensitivity is low.
    It's pure silicone gel and is one of the most temperature-stable polymers in existence. Its mechanical properties stay nearly the same between -100 and +300F. No joke.

It's also the same gel used on David Clark Company gel pads for aviation headsets, so I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary.

Lots of pilots have backed this project, including civvy heli pilots and some .mil jet pilots. Since the flight helmet pushes the glasses in even more, the upper recessed channel on SightLines will provide more relief than on a regular headset.
    Last edited by NealSintercore; 12-13-17 at 22:58. Reason: clarified the helmet vs headset issue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123