Thread: NF NXS 3.5-15x50mm LV.5 Velocity 1000 scope/reticle

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

NF NXS 3.5-15x50mm LV.5 Velocity 1000 scope/reticle

I've been looking at this scope but with the MOAR reticle for a good bit now. Talking myself into shelling out almost $1900 was about impossible. So a couple of weeks ago I did another search online and this scope but with the LV.5 Velocity 1000 reticle shows up on Europtic for $1399. After a quick PM to Pappabear I decide to purchase the scope. Sunday I mounted the scope on a Rem 700 20" 5R rifle and head to the range. I ran the round I'm shooting through the NF calculator and this reticle is about perfect for that round. I'm hunting with Hornady 178Gr ELD-X ammo. This stuff is about as accurate as Fed GMM175gr out of my rifle. So I sight it in dead on at 200 yards per NF directions and then head to the 600 yard range. To be upfront, I have never had the chance to shoot past 300 yards on a range so this was new to me. On this range they have 6" circular gongs at each 100 yard interval from 200 to 500 yards and the 600 yarder is 8". The 2,3 and 400 yard stuff were all 1st shot dead center shots. The 500 yarder was also 1st shot but about I hit the lower 1/3 of the plate. Probably me. Next up was the 600 yd gong. Actually the chart on the range said it was set at 610 yards. 1st shot is a hit but in the lower 1/4 of the plate. Next shot I held the 600 yd crosshair on the top of the plate and hit dead center. After that I fired 20 rds and all were hits. I really like this scope!! I know 600 yards isn't all that far but the scopes reticle performs exactly as designed. I was able to go to NF's sights put in my load info and match it to this reticle and go straight to the range and make 1st round hits on target. I really wish we had a 1000 yard range close by so I could shoot farther out. The reticle is really easy to use. It's a standard christmas tree design and each stadia line does match the corresponding yardage designation. There are also 25yd hash marks in between each main line. On each main stadia line there are also windage dots for 5, 10 and 15 mph wind speeds. As far as a BDC reticle is concerned it's easy to use and depending upon the load you are shooting dead on. I already have my come ups figured out to 600 yards so next weekend I'll dial in them and shoot without the aid of the reticle. BTW I went out to the Eurooptic site and this scope is out of stock now. The reticle has been discontinued. I had a NXS 2.5-10x42 with the MOAR reticle mounted on this rifle before changing it out for the current scope. It's sitting on my LMT MWS now.
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 12-04-17 at 10:50.