Thread: IOR 3x25 QR-TS or Vortex 1-6 Strike Eagle?

Feedback Score

IOR 3x25 QR-TS or Vortex 1-6 Strike Eagle?

Hi I'm hoping to get some useful advice between these two optics. I already have the IOR and it's served me very well and is in excellent condition, my 47 year old eyes on the other hand, are not.
    I suffer from astigmatism and seeing clearly at distance and have the opportunity to buy a used Strike Eagle at a very very good price. So here's my dilemma, the IOR has superb glass and build quality, albeit an "old" design, its just the 3x magnification that doesn't seem to be enough for me.
    The Vortex whilst being a reasonably priced scope, offers 6x magnification, a decent reticle and ok glass (compared to the IOR Shott glass), although both scopes illumination are not true daylight visible.
    The rifle is a 14.5 Stag which is used for everything, plinking, SHTF, and medium range as I only have one rifle and no immediate plans to get another.
    Should I keep up with the times and take the Vortex or stay with the IOR?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    With a 14.5" barrel, you're not going to get more actual precision out of the rifle, and using bulk ammo, you're looking at around 2 MOA.

Unless you're using match ammo, the only advantage to more magnification is - more magnification.

That said, if you're used to better quality glass, it's always hard to step down.

If shooting off a bench using a bipod, consider getting a good quality scope with 3-18x or 5-25x magnification. Will cost you more but you'll get better glass by far.

Not sure if it actually answers what you're asking, but sharing what I can.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to try the Vortex out this weekend and make a decision from there.