Thread: Withdrawn

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Withdrawn

Withdrawn.... ISD LTD of Bulgaria Model SSR 85C-2 AK 47/AKM hybrid rifle.
    This is an interesting and rare variation manufactured in 2006 by ISD LTD a private
    corporation in Bulgaria and Armory USA OF Houston Texas as a joint venture.

When the 2005 barrel ban was introduced Armory USA was already prepared for this
    having partnered with ISD and began importing complete Bulgarian made rifles in a
    single stack magazine, thumbhole stock configuration, effectively getting around the ban.
    Armory USA imported the rifles to Houston where the single stack mag well was milled
    out to dead on specifications for a AKM, they discarded the thumbhole stock and installed
    a variety of furniture.

These rifles were built using pristine Type 3 AK 47 rifles purchased directly from the
    Bulgarian Ministry of Defense, dismantled them and used the parts to build the SSR 85C-2
    with a heavy 1.6mm stamped receiver designed by Ivan Kolev a chief engineer at Arsenal
    of Bulgaria for Armory USA.

Having their own 1.6mm dies accounts for the unconventional dimples. They used all new
    components in the receiver, w/new barrel trunnions, rear trunnions, trigger guard, mag
    catches and selector stops for total reliability. The AK 47 sights and the 45 degree gas block
    are perfectly plumb and the front sight pin is index marked dead center. The barrel is threaded
    1/2"x28, same as AR-15 allowing a large variety of choices should you not care for the traditional
    slant cut muzzle brake.

The Bulgarian hammer forged and chrome lined AK 47 barrel and not the AKM barrel,
    mated with the proprietary 1.6mm receiver yields a heavier rifle than a AKM, but not as
    heavy as a Type 3 AK 47 resulting in a softer shooting rifle with a straight back recoil impulse
    and not the monkey jumping recoil of the lighter 1.0mm AKM type receiver flexing.

I have ( 2 ) of these rifles and don't believe I will ever wear out my 1st rifle, so I am selling or
    trading the 2ed rifle for $ 1,450 shipped and insured for full value w/tracking to the lower 48 states.
    Rifle currently wears original Russian plum AK 74 furniture w/a brick color bakelite AKM pistol grip.
    Overall condition is 90-95% and I urge anyone interested to research rifle on internet and request
    additional high definition pictures to judge condition.

Last edited by lowprone; 09-12-18 at 18:22. Reason: withdrawn