Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ Evo pistol vs SBR (or any pistol vs SBR)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know that removing the stock, barrel, or whatever made the SBR an SBR in the first place from the registered receiver would actually change the designation in the eyes of the ATF, but it appears that you're correct. So I could remove the stock from my Draco SBR and sell it as a pistol with no legal complications. I always thought the receiver is a registered item and tied to me as an NFA item whether it currently met the definition of an SBR or not because it's on a Form 1 and engraved accordingly. It appears I have been incorrect all this time.
    Im pretty sure you need to fill out a form to remove the sbr from the registry prior to sale as a non sbr

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’d really like a MPX but I want to wait until SHOT. I heard rumors that there may be a new MPX, and with Sig’s history of dumping models and making new ones all the time I wouldn’t be surprised. Kind of off topic but yea they have a couple pistol versions currently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I’d really like a MPX but I want to wait until SHOT. I heard rumors that there may be a new MPX, and with Sig’s history of dumping models and making new ones all the time I wouldn’t be surprised. Kind of off topic but yea they have a couple pistol versions currently.
    I like the mpx to ya i dont trust sig not to dump it in 5 years, or completly remake it usung brand new parts not backwards compatible.

I will stick with my 300 blk pisto And sbr it one day. The cz does look good too though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    Im pretty sure you need to fill out a form to remove the sbr from the registry prior to sale as a non sbr

I originally thought that as well, however according to the ATF's website, it is not mandatory and as long as whatever part or part(s) make the firearm subject to NFA regulation are removed it can be legally transferred to another party. However, they want you to fill out that form just so that the registry is accurate and so that you have a paper trail of your own covering your liability should the new owner use it in a crime or something. A quick Google search confirm this and those who have done it received letters a year or more later essentially just saying thanks for keeping the registry up to date.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post

To pile on, this is incorrect.

I just bought a Form 1 SBR that had the stock removed. Was originally a Title 1 pistol and sold as a Title 1 pistol. At the same time the guy shipped to my FFL, he sent a letter to the ATF. Maybe they respond back in a year, maybe they don't. You could be waiting forever and its not required.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    To pile on, this is incorrect.

I just bought a Form 1 SBR that had the stock removed. Was originally a Title 1 pistol and sold as a Title 1 pistol. At the same time the guy shipped to my FFL, he sent a letter to the ATF. Maybe they respond back in a year, maybe they don't. You could be waiting forever and its not required.
    I stand corrected. It not required.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    A bit late to the party. But I I also went the pistol route. In fact mine is configured just like Kenneth's except I use an Aimpoint Micro and mine is in FDE.

Honestly there isn't much point in doing an SBR in many of these cases anymore. Braces like the Tailhook give you the best of both worlds. The only downside I can think of is that you can't use a VFG.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12