Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: S&W Revolver Thread

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I am not familiar with the moon clips for the 586 but I have used them for my 940 for almost 25 years with no problems. What kind of issue are you having with them?
    Loading the shells into the clip. When I’m down to the last one I can’t get it to slide in. I even tried tapping with a plastic hammer. I bent them taking the rounds out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Loading the shells into the clip. When I’m down to the last one I can’t get it to slide in. I even tried tapping with a plastic hammer. I bent them taking the rounds out.

Snapping them in was not an issue, but the 9mm being rimless has that groove at the bottom of the case that makes it easier to snap into the clip. Removing was difficult and the easiest way I found to remove them was to use a small screwdriver. Insert the screwdriver into the case, pinch the case between the screwdriver and your thumb as you hold it, pull it away from the clip and it will pop straight out without bending it.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Snapping them in was not an issue, but the 9mm being rimless has that groove at the bottom of the case that makes it easier to snap into the clip. Removing was difficult and the easiest way I found to remove them was to use a small screwdriver. Insert the screwdriver into the case, pinch the case between the screwdriver and your thumb as you hold it, pull it away from the clip and it will pop straight out without bending it.
    Thanks. Another suggestion I had was a wooden dowel.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Thanks. Another suggestion I had was a wooden dowel.

That's probably a better idea. I've always kept a small screwdriver in my range bag so it is what I had.

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

S&W Revolver Thread

I tried installing a set of compact grips on my Model 64. The screw is too long!

I put the wood grips from my 586 on the .38 and put on the rubber grips it came with on the 586.

I need to do something with the sights. I might just need a rear white outline or add some color to the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 04-03-18 at 22:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    Nice. I love the look of blued revolvers with wood grips.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A shipped April 1980 Model 66-1 2.5"

upper: My (shipped Sept. 1956) Gen II Colt SAA 4.75" .45 w/1-piece Ivory stock from the Colt Custom Shop
    lower: My wife's (shipped Oct. 1972) Model 38 Airweight .38 Spl. w/real Mother of Pearl stocks

As close as we come to "Arizona BBQ guns"
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 06-21-18 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Excellent, excellent and excellent.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415