Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W Revolver Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If you mean the Model 64 DAO, that is only a bead blast cabinet away from looking new....
    Here's a pic of the one I received.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    They would look Paris Hilton hot with VZ grips, but there is something dirty, back alley old school cop about Pachmayr grips. I wonder if I showed up for duty with one how bad I would get in trouble...
    Oh, don't do the Goodyears! Go old-school cool with some Magna grips!

I am sure I have a set someplace upstairs, with a Safariland rig to match. Wear that as you hold roll call, and stare down all the new folks.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Magna's and Tyler "T" grip were the trick set up here.

If you were actually carrying concealed, the wood grips wouldn't hang up on clothing or print like the Pach's.

Feedback Score
    They would look Paris Hilton hot with VZ grips, but there is something dirty, back alley old school cop about Pachmayr grips. I wonder if I showed up for duty with one how bad I would get in trouble...
    When I picked up my first revolver - a 4" model 19 - it came with the Pac combat grips. It's a sexy workhorse. I might post a pic just for fun.

Also, btw. Could you explain to a noob like me the wax under the grips idea?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    When I picked up my first revolver - a 4" model 19 - it came with the Pac combat grips. It's a sexy workhorse. I might post a pic just for fun.

Wax under the grips is probably to prevent corosion or rust. Would be my assumption at least.

I do kind of want one of these six guns, but I am not sure what these filll tgat my Colt Police doesn't in my collection. And the Colt was cheaper. lol.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post

Kain already nailed it, but yes, the reason we want to wax under the grips of steel pistols is to prevent rust. While this might not be an issue for guys who have weapons living in a climate controlled safe, for cops who are out in the weather, especially with the rain in the PNW, wax is there because it needs extra protection in areas which aren't wiped down or can't dry easily.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    New to me Model 10-7. Being a 10-7, it was probably made in 1977. I've not yet pulled this one apart, but have rang some steel with it, and it is a joy to fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_10

Model 10 Engineering and Production Changes Timeline

10 (1957): begin stamping model number.
    10-1 (1959): introduction of heavy barrel (the frame is slightly different for the heavy barrel, and changes to the standard-barrel variant were generally carried over to the heavy-barrel variant, thus the engineering changes happen in pairs)
    10-2 (1961): change extractor rod thread for standard barrel
    10-3 (1961): change extractor rod thread for heavy barrel, change front sight width from 1/10" to 1/8"
    10-4 (1962): eliminate trigger-guard screw on standard barrel frame
    10-5 (1962): change sight width from 1/10 in to 1/8 in for standard barrel
    10-6 (1962): eliminate trigger-guard screw on heavy-barrel frame
    10-7 (1977): change gas ring from yoke to cylinder for standard barrel
    10-8 (1977): change gas ring from yoke to cylinder for heavy barrel
    10-9 (1988): new yoke retention system, radius stud package, floating hand hammer nose bushing for standard barrel
    10-10 (1988): new yoke retention system, radius stud package, floating hand hammer nose bushing for heavy barrel
    10-11 (1997): MIM hammer/trigger + floating firing pin for standard barrel
    10-12 (1997): MIM hammer/trigger + floating firing pin for heavy barrel
    10-13 (2002): limited production 1899 commemorative edition

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Nice wheelgun, I love those old Model 10's.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Nice wheelgun, I love those old Model 10's.
    It is hard to argue them, especially with low prices.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Wax under the grips is probably to prevent corosion or rust. Would be my assumption at least.

I do kind of want one of these six guns, but I am not sure what these filll tgat my Colt Police doesn't in my collection. And the Colt was cheaper. lol.
    If you paid under $200-250 for your Colts, and it is a similar style pistol to these, you did exceedingly well and I would love to hear what models you have and what you paid.
    Stick

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast