Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W Revolver Thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If you paid under $200-250 for your Colts, and it is a similar style pistol to these, you did exceedingly well and I would love to hear what models you have and what you paid.
    I picked up a Police Positive Special for a little over $200 back a few months after SH, semi autos and AR were going for stupid money, wheel guns though.... not so much. Newish model, probably 80s, or early 90's production, full lug under the barrel, 4 inch. Blued steel, leather holster included. Has some wear on it from holster as well as near the muzzle which makes me think it was a duty revolver for a PD. But, with 158gr .38 it shoots exceedingly well. At ten yards, DA, I have stacked most of a cylinder in one hole, the one flyer being solely me, because the trigger is very smooth in DA or SA. It keeps my Colt Double Eagle company during the long snowy nights up here.

i will try to get a few pictures in the next day or so.

Make no mistake, I would enjoy adding one of the Smiths to my stable, or getting one for my old man who grew up in the era of all steel guns and revolvers and still prefers them. Unfortunately funds don't allow it, and with funds tight, I have to ask why spend the money with I have other guns I equally enjoy.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'd like to see a Police Positive with a full lug under the barrel.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    New to me Model 10-7. Being a 10-7, it was probably made in 1977. I've not yet pulled this one apart, but have rang some steel with it, and it is a joy to fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_10

Your 10-7 could be 1979 too.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    I'd like to see a Police Positive with a full lug under the barrel.
    Gonna have to revise my post, there was a fair bit of bourbon, and rum, and beers, and god knows what else consumed last evening. And I was thinking of the some of the old Colt Police revolvers which had no lug while the one I owned has some of a lug. So compared to the other options it has a 'full lug' irregardless it is a nice shoot example.

here is it with the pistol that might have replaced it, with 3 times the rounds on board.

Some more of it with it successor.

And a final picture showing a little more wear on the right side, leading to me believe it was likely a duty weapon at some point.

All in all a gem in my collection.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I picked up a Police Positive Special for a little over $200 back a few months after SH, semi autos and AR were going for stupid money, wheel guns though.... not so much. Newish model, probably 80s, or early 90's production, full lug under the barrel, 4 inch. Blued steel, leather holster included. Has some wear on it from holster as well as near the muzzle which makes me think it was a duty revolver for a PD. But, with 158gr .38 it shoots exceedingly well. At ten yards, DA, I have stacked most of a cylinder in one hole, the one flyer being solely me, because the trigger is very smooth in DA or SA. It keeps my Colt Double Eagle company during the long snowy nights up here.

i will try to get a few pictures in the next day or so.

Make no mistake, I would enjoy adding one of the Smiths to my stable, or getting one for my old man who grew up in the era of all steel guns and revolvers and still prefers them. Unfortunately funds don't allow it, and with funds tight, I have to ask why spend the money with I have other guns I equally enjoy.

Sounds like a Police Positive Mark V found its way to you, and at a great price! If you ever want to flip it and make a couple bucks let me know.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerOne View Post
    Your 10-7 could be 1979 too.
    I had thought they were all switched over to 10-8s before then. Fill me in on what I'm missing as I'm certainly not an expert on these.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Gonna have to revise my post, there was a fair bit of bourbon, and rum, and beers, and god knows what else consumed last evening. And I was thinking of the some of the old Colt Police revolvers which had no lug while the one I owned has some of a lug. So compared to the other options it has a 'full lug' irregardless it is a nice shoot example.

here is it with the pistol that might have replaced it, with 3 times the rounds on board.

Some more of it with it successor.

And a final picture showing a little more wear on the right side, leading to me believe it was likely a duty weapon at some point.

All in all a gem in my collection.
    Not as nice as the MK-V imho, but that is still a sexy beast!
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another pic of the S&W Model 10-7.

Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not as nice as the MK-V imho, but that is still a sexy beast!
    Hey, now, for what she cost me, she is one damn sexy girl. I have a few guns in that category, didn't pay much, not the fastest, coolest, or sexiest, but for what I paid, and how well they shoot, I couldn't be happier.

And no, she ain't for sale. I get too much enjoyment punching targets with her at the range.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast