Looks like the SOG sale is over, so now we have this as a generic S&W revolver thread. Post your pictures, the modifications, your favorite loads etc.

There are going to be some people who see this too late, and kick themselves for not picking up a S&W Model 64 (SS version of the Model 10). The S&W Model 10, and 64 offered here are the heavy barrel 38 +P rated weapons that almost every cop carried back in the 60s, 70s and 80s. While wonder 9s are still wonderful, these did a great job of putting dirtbags into the ground where they belonged. Most of the used Model 64s (and 10s) are prior security or LE, with many of them being imported back into the US from overseas.

The Model 64s are stainless steel, and are a "4” heavy barrel with rubber grips. These are all stainless steel revolvers in very good to excellent condition". They have two models, one which is a double action only (DAO), and one which is your traditional double/ single action. It may be worth noting that the DAO is the same as the DA/SA, with the exception of the hammer which can be swapped out to make it DA/SA again. These are used pistols, but are built for a lifetime of abuse with 38 ammo. These are NOT 357s.

I have no affiliation with SOG (though I wish I did so I would have known this was coming up), and bought one of each model 64. My plans are to see what sort of shape the weapons are in, and then possibly blast the SS to dull it a bit. I am debating going with the grips which are on it, or possibly switching them out to G10 which looks fantastic IMHO. Had I known these were going to be on sale, I would have probably bought 4 instead of 2.

Once the deal on this thread is over, I'm going to switch this thread and change to title to a thread where we just talk about the S&W Model 10 and Model 64s. Any thoughts, comments, or opinions you want to throw out there, feel free to do so now. If you have pictures, stories, or info to add about the 10/64, go ahead and start posting. As soon as mine come in I'll start posting pictures!