Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term NP3

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Not sure. I have a bottle of lube I keep by the safe. Whenever I get done using the rifle and go to put it away I usually put a couple drops through the exhaust holes in the bolt carrier.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This is somewhat relevant to me as I'm having a few sets of Glock internals at Robar now for NP3.

I went NP3 over NP3+ because it's a little harder than the + and I want max durability.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    This is somewhat relevant to me as I'm having a few sets of Glock internals at Robar now for NP3.

I went NP3 over NP3+ because it's a little harder than the + and I want max durability.
    My first semi auto was a S&W 5904 that I sent off to ROBAR for the NP3 plating. It was a top class job and the finish really held up- never even showed holster wear. I wish I had that gun today. I have a Sionics upper with their NP3 BCG and love it. It cleans up like no one's business and so far shows no wear.
    Last edited by flenna; 12-09-17 at 19:11.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    So is there an issue with keeping lubricant on the NP3?

Or does it require much less using the NP3?
    Lube as normal. NP3 isnt as porous as phosphate but carbon will still build up. It just cleans up easier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't speak to the BCG's, but I do have two handguns with the treatment. I had them do up a S&W mod 19-2 about 12 years ago, and it is superb and scratch free. Also had a G26 done with the finish on the slide, barrel, and all internals. It has lasted for 19 years in mostly kydex holsters with no discernible wear.. It may yellow slightly over time but only slightly. The guns are so easy to clean and it seems to be self lubricating. Very slick. I had to put grip tape in the cocking grooves for positive racking.
    It should be great on BCG's.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of the problems with NiB is every tom dick and harry think they have the NiB thing down pat. NP3 is done by, I believe, one place, Robar. When my P228 slide would not fit back on its rails, the company recommended I grind down the aluminum rails. Paid another company to fix the problem, and sold the gun with full disclosure. Screw NiB. I'll use NP3 for future projects.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgex2 View Post
    When my P228 slide would not fit back on its rails, the company recommended I grind down the aluminum rails.
    Yikes, who?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    Yikes, who?
    WMD Guns. That was their name when I used them. Don't know if they're still around. Hope not.

Feedback Score
    Sionics BCG in NP3 is really nice. Slick and smooth. Cleans up with just rag. I have many bcg’s from colt, BCM, KAC, LMT and even a LANTAC. The NP3 is my favourite, by far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Sionics BCG in NP3 is really nice. Slick and smooth. Cleans up with just rag. I have many bcg’s from colt, BCM, KAC, LMT and even a LANTAC. The NP3 is my favourite, by far.
    I have one too and agree with everything except this statement. Now, depending on how you define "clean" it may do just that, and does for pretty much the entire BCG. The exception is the bolt tail. If you want it spic-and-span then some elbow grease is required. To be fair, I have yet to find a coating/treatment that just "wipes off" the baked-on carbon from the bolt tail (I have a Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black BCG but have yet to put it in a weapon).

Only caveat to cleaning a bolt tail done in NP3 is don't use brass or steel brushes, or even the old Army green "scratchy pads" (this is per a conversation with Robar themselves). You have to use a nylon brush to clean it without damaging the NP3 finish. It's certainly doable, just need to keep that in mind.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast