Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darkest Hour

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    He also played Drexel in True Romance, one of my all-time favorite movies. It was a most memorable performance.
    I forgot that was him.

That and the mummy looking dude from Hannibal and the bad guy from Book of Eli.

The man is a chameleon and we know nothing about him.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    One of the all time great actors (Gary Oldman)
    He is off the charts..

Drexl Spivey - "He must'ah thought it was white boy day"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Damn, sorry to hear that. Still going to watch it because of the subject.
    Did you watch the trailer?

"YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN HIS MOUTH!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Looking forward to seeing this. I thought Brendan Gleeson did a good job in "Into the Storm".

Feedback Score
    problem I had with lithgow in the crown was his physical size ? yeah should not bother me but so many great actors that fit the stature better I figure

this will be interesting to see for the world history of it and how it is handled etc. by the preview looks great

Feedback Score
    Out-f&$king-standing. Not what I expected at all. Old man Oldman has outdone himself.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Darkest Hour covers a short time period of Winston Churchill's career, just as he's being made Prime Minister and the last minute rescue of virtually the entire British Army at Dunkirk. It's a beautifully made movie all around, and the acting across the board top notch. It was clear to me if Oldman didn't win an Best Actor Oscar for this there was no justice in the world, and he did win last night. The Director takes some artistic license, but does a rare thing: it's done where it's appropriate without distracting from the overall historical accuracy and story. Historical purists may dismay more liberties are taken with a few dates and such, but it does detract from the value of this movie in the way it all but ruins others .It's about time someone made a modern movie about Churchill that shows what a crusty ill tempered SOB he was, and the fact he was exactly what was needed at that time.

A must see for history buffs. Movie gets an A.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Yeah, some actors are who they are.
    Samuel L is Samuel L.
    Jeff Goldblum is Jeff Goldblum.
    Christopher Walken in Christopher Walken.

But some actors literally become a character and are nearly unrecognizable between roles they have played. Along with Val Kilmer, and a handful of others, this guy nails it.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Yeah, some actors are who they are.
    Samuel L is Samuel L.
    Jeff Goldblum is Jeff Goldblum.
    Christopher Walken in Christopher Walken.

But some actors literally become a character and are nearly unrecognizable between roles they have played. Along with Val Kilmer, and a handful of others, this guy nails it.
    Oldman has always been known as a "character actor" and that's his thing. The ability to become a completely different person is much more impressive to me than great actors who essentially play themselves or the same character over and over like De Niro etc. Olson has been a favorite actor of mine for a loooooong time.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-05-18 at 15:56.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    I remember first noticing it The Professional. But I really haven't kept track.

When I watched The Space Between Us it was about the worst that I can recall. That is the last Oldman movie I have watched.

From IMBD: "Renowned for his "big" acting style....", whatever that means.

To each his own but he is not one of my favorites; however, I will watch Churchill as I expect a different and better performance.
    Quoting my own post to add I did finally watch Darkest Hour and thought Oldman did a good job, the best of him I have seen to date. Good movie and well worth watching. Too bad Dunkirk came out first. Seems to me the correct order to watch them is Darkest Hour first, then Dunkirk.
    Last edited by austinN4; 03-05-18 at 12:56.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast