Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Vortex RDS

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I take battery estimates with a grain of salt. I have an MRO with its original battery that has been on constantly since April 2016 at setting 4. I can only surmise that it is a logrythmic scale on brightness settings and the battery on setting 4 will be dead around 2 years. I will see soon enough.

From Trij FAQ:

The MRO battery should last for 5 years of continual use at setting “3” (5 of 8). When left on at the brightest setting (“6”), the battery should last around 25 days. Note that extended use in extreme temperatures – either cold or hot – may reduce the battery life considerably.

Also, if you are worried about the battery dying, and you are putting this on a duty rifle, then change the battery on your birthday and half birthday. I would put it on a backup or fun rifle only, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    I take battery estimates with a grain of salt. I have an MRO with its original battery that has been on constantly since April 2016 at setting 4. I can only surmise that it is a logrythmic scale on brightness settings and the battery on setting 4 will be dead around 2 years. I will see soon enough.

From Trij FAQ:

The MRO battery should last for 5 years of continual use at setting “3” (5 of 8). When left on at the brightest setting (“6”), the battery should last around 25 days. Note that extended use in extreme temperatures – either cold or hot – may reduce the battery life considerably.

Also, if you are worried about the battery dying, and you are putting this on a duty rifle, then change the battery on your birthday and half birthday. I would put it on a backup or fun rifle only, but that's just me.
    To add to this - my Aimpoint micro batteries have died unexpectedly more than my EOTech batteries. I leave my Aimpoints on the second highest setting so that the dot doesn't get washed out by the light, and this is the third time I've picked the gun up in the past few years and the battery has been dead. I'm pretty sure the last time was less than 12 months ago.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

New Vortex RDS

The only thing worthy from Vortex is their Razor HD II line.

There is no reason to believe that this new RDS would be more durable than the PA optic.

Official Kremlin Transmission

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12