Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Shaver shooting vid (NSFW)

Feedback Score
    That cop should have been found guilty, and then he should have promptly been hanged from the neck until dead.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Paraphrasing the last interactions just before the shooting:

Police: hands straight up in the air, under no circumstances that the hands are to be put down, you will be shot. If you lose balance, better fall on your face.
    Male: he complied and threw his hands straight up.
    Police: crawl toward me.
    Male: reached with both hands for the floor in front of him and started crawling.
    Police: shot him a few times

Me: how does one crawl while kneeling on the floor with hands lifted high above one's head. I guess he could have "waddled" on his knees. Male seemed confused and violated the verbatim order to keep hands up in the air.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The cop who fired had a "you're f@#ked" dust cover on his duty rifle. No idea on the shoot, but poor judgement on the dust cover for a duty gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That was cold blooded murder.

When you police you have to give up the privilege of being a chickenshit.

The boy was no longer a threat. The officer was giving what I call "hokey pokey" orders. How would you like it if I pointed a loaded gun at you and said "do these commands under duress or I shoot you"?

He made a lot of threats and not many professional verbal commands.

It seems like he wanted to play hero and shoot somebody.

He was a scared kid and you could hear him choke up and cry while trying to obey.

You gotta control your adrenalin and control yourself before the scene.

I been in the shit enough to know the difference between someone pulling a fast one and someone scared.

The kid was scared and the shooting pointless.

You gotta THINK!

Law Enforcement is supposed to be a Life Saving organization.

I saw no furtive movements nor anything that warranted a shooting.

Total screw up. I felt like the guy wanted to shoot him no matter what. He never gave him a chance.

There is a difference between verbal commands and just threatening people.

All you have to do is relax. If you're that chickenshit then you dont need to police
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Paraphrasing the last interactions just before the shooting:

Police: hands straight up in the air, under no circumstances that the hands are to be put down, you will be shot. If you lose balance, better fall on your face.
    Male: he complied and threw his hands straight up.
    Police: crawl toward me.
    Male: reached with both hands for the floor in front of him and started crawling.
    Police: shot him a few times

Me: how does one crawl while kneeling on the floor with hands lifted high above one's head. I guess he could have "waddled" on his knees. Male seemed confused and violated the verbatim order to keep hands up in the air.
    Even if he followed commands exactly, why not go to him instead of him going to you? And why not have him face away from you so he does not see your actions?

Not a cuffing expert, but spread eagle facing away would seem to be a pretty safe position to approach from.

Some LEO please tell me what the the Simon Sez game was supposed to accomplish?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The cop who fired had a "you're f@#ked" dust cover on his duty rifle. No idea on the shoot, but poor judgement on the dust cover for a duty gun.
    That Guy.

That explains a lot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I bring this up from time to time and get told to go back to my "regularly scheduled political ranting"

A working rifle is not the place for Bible quotes, oohrah insignia, skulls, or profanity.

You only do what you have to and carry the equipment required for the task.

Policework is not the place to be an individual with flair
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    FWIW a weapon need not be present necessarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always saw that as a chickenshit CYA standard.

If you had your whole life to prepare for an ambiguous situation and have all the benefit of training, experience, mentoring officers, and self control and still eff up then you shouldn't have been out there in the first place.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Tough job no doubt, but looked like murder to me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Also for anyone out there who fantasizes about being "about it" or "murdering the badguys"

Get a good look. This is what real murder looks like.

A scared, crying young man on his knees gunned down by a buffoon with a rifle.

A real police doesnt have to remind people he has the scene. The already know.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast