Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Shaver shooting vid (NSFW)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    That has gotta be the most phucked up example of police work I have ever seen.

Stop playing Simon Sez and cuff the guy. No reasonable person could ever respond to those commands in the time frame the cop wanted them, and lots of folks are not physically fit to do the things requested without losing balance.

I guess if he did not speak English they would have just shot him right off?
    That is a really good point.

Even if he followed commands exactly, why not go to him instead of him going to you? And why not have him face away from you so he does not see your actions?

Some LEO please tell me what the the Simon Sez game was supposed to accomplish?
    I think they were worried about more occupants in the room.

To me it looks like the dumbass was reaching to pull his pants up as he was pantsing himself with all the crawling.
    That is exactly what happened. You can see at the very start of the video the kid has long short on. With your ankles crossed, you are going to drag your pants down pretty fast.

I understand using an authoritative voice, but that was over the top and he dazed the kid with too loud, too fast and too complex.

Was that standard procedure for a take down?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think after watching that I don't really want to be around the police when they are working and it looked really really bad.

Feedback Score
    and idiots like this are the reason the rest get such a bad name and no respect sadly

a few slip through but I often think there needs to be some flags that are noticed like the dust cover and guy fired cause of stuff like this

also seems that this is becoming more common (bad leo)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Which brings me to, why did he make him crawl vs what I outlined in the OP? Reasons that I suggested? Other? What this says to me, as a non LEO, is LEOs need more training and more ongoing training which only seems to be getting worse.
    This is just my opinion, based solely on the information presented. I have ZERO reason to believe that was a "good cop that needs more training". That is why I used the term "manipulated murder"... was it premeditated? probably not... was it manipulated? It sure looks that way to me. So training for him would not be an option. That's an HR issue. Wrong guy for the job that no amount of training would likely fix.

It might be a good screening video to find the guys that think that all looks like no prob.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The cop's instructor testified that he'd have done the same thing when reviewing the body cam footage. (according to the news here)

I forget the prosecutor's name. But he came off as a douche in my opinion. i agree on the over-reach with the murder charge.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

i agree on the over-reach with the murder charge.
    What charge should it have been?

From my view, the cops threatened to kill him several times if he did not comply, then gave him a set of instructions no reasonable person could comply with, so then they shot him. Not sure what to charge with that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

From my view, the cops threatened to kill him several times if he did not comply, then gave him a set of instructions no reasonable person could comply with, so then they shot him. Not sure what to charge with that.
    Manslaughter.

And if Mr. Instructor stood by that shooting then he needs very much to not be instructing

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This.

100% ****ing this.

Homie wanted to get his blaze on, and burned a crying kid down after giving a ****ing heavy assed serving of verbal spaghetti.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The crawling was pure laziness or ignorance and goes against the basic concept of Cover/Contact officer.

This isnt a felony traffic stop. When someone is one the ground

LEAVE THEM ON THE GROUND.

Either he is a threat and should remain in a surrender posture or he is not a threat and you are allowing him to approach.

It can't be both.

I see an over equipped and under experienced officer here.

Manslaughter would have been a solid and much needed conviction.

Instead of confusing people just tell them to lay prone and eagle with palms up. It is less fatiguing on them, less confusing, and they aren't going anywhere
    Finally! That's what I wanted to know from LEO who could answer my Q on that as I could not figure out the purpose, other than an attempt to give the officer the benefit of the doubt in that perhaps he wanted him away from the doorway for some reason. Otherwise, truly an event that didn't need to happen. It seems common for prosecutors to over shoot the charge and not get a conviction. Manslaughter probably would have been a done deal and he earned it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    This police officer is going to go down for shooting an unarmed man for failing to crawl with his hands up in the air. The officers instructions were lousy and unprofessional, especially when the recipient of those instructions is scared to death, crying, unable to think and being told "we will kill you". How does one crawl with his hands up in the air? Why didn't they use a tazer or even approach him when his hands were up in the air?

The thing that scared me is this: This could happen to any one of us. And if they let this cop off the hook, it may change how some view the police departments. Right now, its popular to say "back the blue", "support law enforcement" but I know many people on this forum have mixed feeling as of lately with all the over reach, unarmed shootings and attitude from law enforcement and how when something like this happens, the whole police force take the officers side. But rest assure that when an officered is mowed down while he is "just doing his job", there is no 2 sides to the story, there just 1 side to the story.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast