The rod and gun club that I am a member of here is almost entirely made up of bench-rest type shooters. We do have a slightly more dynamic program that has been on and off over the last few years that is currently called the marksmanship program. It used to be called defensive shooting, but the guys running it got in trouble and it was shut down, so when they brought it back, they also renamed it. It’s basic function is to provide what is now known as the MP 101 course, which is strictly a certification course of fire that members must complete in order to be allowed to draw from the holster.

Long story short, I seem to have more professional training than any other member that has shown a willingness to be involved, and therefore I am technically the “marksmanship coordinator” for the club. I have a basic POI for 101 that I think works well enough. However, I’d like some help for the 201 POI, which is supposed to focus heavily around the VTAC barricade and SLIGHTLY more complex drills. Basically, both programs are just setup as a list of drills that build on each other, I just don’t have a ton of things for barricade work that can provide variation.

I can get a single person handling a weapon pretty well and achieving decent accuracy but I’ve realized that it gets exponentially harder for every additional person that you are trying to coach at the same time. This is a pretty general question, but I’m hoping that members who have been in my shoes before will realize what I need help with even though I may not really be able to explain it. I think the structure of a program of instruction for 3-5 people is what I’m really lacking. I’ll definitely include what I currently have and some more details tomorrow, just figured I’d get the ball rolling now while I’m thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk