Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington 870 Detachable Magazine

Feedback Score

Remington 870 Detachable Magazine

I don't know - is this something the market was asking for?:

https://www.remington.com/shotguns/p...n/model-870-dm

STACK THE ODDS IN YOUR FAVOR.

Introducing the only magazine-fed shotgun built on the pedigree of the world’s strongest, smoothest, and most reliable pump shotgun. Featuring a detachable magazine system and fire controls designed from the ground, up available with 3-, and 6-round mags. It’s the fastest response time of any pump shotgun in history, and the ultimate choice for a home defense shotgun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Like the 7615P, the time for viability of a detachable 870 magazine has long passed.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    the pistol is even better LOL

https://www.remington.com/other-products/tac-14-dm

3 or 6 round mags
    but seriously - why would anyone want a 3 round detachable- maybe for hunting regs?

Feedback Score
    Remington may be casting around for anything that will help their bottom line.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It isn't my cup o' tea but I can see some utility for HD -

A mag reload, while probably not quicker than a traditional combat load, is undoubtedly quicker than a tube reload. Plus it gives you 6 new round versus the one or two of the combat load.

It would be quicker to do a complete ammo change over, rather than a select-slug drill.

It would enable those that wish to store their ammo and weapon separately to put their shotgun into action more quickly.

It gives Walter Mitty shot gun shooters the ability to have a war belt, chest rig and BOB to use for TEOTWAWKI scenarios.

Despite those possibilities it will flop. I wonder if they had a hard time convincing Magpul to make the mags?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    the pistol is even better LOL

https://www.remington.com/other-products/tac-14-dm

3 or 6 round mags
    but seriously - why would anyone want a 3 round detachable- maybe for hunting regs?
    Now we are talking! It's stocking stuffer size.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I really would have wanted one of these a few years ago for 3 gun. Not so much now. Hope it does well and that Remington gets things turned around.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    It isn't my cup o' tea but I can see some utility for HD -

A mag reload, while probably not quicker than a traditional combat load, is undoubtedly quicker than a tube reload. Plus it gives you 6 new round versus the one or two of the combat load.

It would be quicker to do a complete ammo change over, rather than a select-slug drill.

It would enable those that wish to store their ammo and weapon separately to put their shotgun into action more quickly.

It gives Walter Mitty shot gun shooters the ability to have a war belt, chest rig and BOB to use for TEOTWAWKI scenarios.

Despite those possibilities it will flop. I wonder if they had a hard time convincing Magpul to make the mags?
    Saved me lots of typing.

Unless this thing is held to a much high standard for QC/QA then the 870 Express line, it can go suck a donkey's dick because there ain't a damn thing that they make currently that I would be wanting to buy. Which sad, because Rem has some legit good options, but they are getting to be like beretta, they can't market sex, let alone their own guns and ammo and whoever is in their marketing department probably needs to go suck start one of their own gauges because they have made some terminally stupid decisions in the past few years.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Could be a winner of it works and 3 gun doesn't start leaning more towards 2 gun. I don't think anyone can reload a tube faster than they can drop a magazine and stick a new one in. May be a good interim option For home defense in states where self loading rifles are effectively banned before they ban shotguns too.

Feedback Score
    Manual shotguns upgraded for the 20th Century. Pump 870s aren't new, they were in Canada IIRC for awhile. The reason that they weren't in the US was some ruling on it not being a shotgun, but a DD or something. Or there was the concern that it wouldn't pass the sportster clause.

I hate tube loading shotgun shells. It just isn't a skill that I have been willing to put the time in to learn and maintain.

Mag fed and 870 and current remington makes me worry about it actually working.

To me, this is the way to save shotguns for 3-gun. The main reason I don't shoot three-gun and stick to USPSA Carbine, PRS and pistol matches is that I don't want to screw around with learning a tube feed shotgun technique or put the money into a SA monstrosity. If they make these legal for base set-ups for 3-gun, that might draw more people in.

Wonder what the street price will be?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast