Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington 870 Detachable Magazine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like Magpul forearms for flexibility. Have MOE's for lights all the time and being able to pop a finger operated turkey call mounted on a Troy rail cover on the the opposite side in the spring.

The butts are ok, but can't justify the cost combined with losing the Remington SuperCell butt pad which works well.

Feedback Score
    DT.....
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 12-11-17 at 16:02.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I just got an email today, that is why I came here. Looks a little Franken gun with that mag well. I wonder if they could be converted to standard. Haven't looked on Brian ENos about these yet. It would be nice if these kept you out of the open category. Maybe limit it to 6 round mags to give a parity with tube loaders who can load 9 to start IIRC.

Everything is mags today. Like I said, tube to mag happened for rifles around the end of the 19th century.

None of these seems especially spec'ed out for 3gun comps. The Comps would make them OPen class if nothing else, IIRC.

The main benefit of this gun is that my dreams where the zombies come and I only have a pump shotgun, I might survive now.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 12-11-17 at 16:02.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If these are reliable they offer a lot of advantages. 1. greater magazine capacity in short barrel shotguns, 2. much faster reloading. 3. the ability to switch ammo faster. Now a select slug drill will give you an entire mag of slugs instead of 1.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    the pistol is even better LOL

https://www.remington.com/other-products/tac-14-dm

3 or 6 round mags
    but seriously - why would anyone want a 3 round detachable- maybe for hunting regs?
    3 round magazine would still get a person in trouble with migratory birds.

Now, if Remington had incorporated the magazine tube (since it has to stay anyways) to function with the box magazine they may have had something. But as it sits, I just don't get it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    3 round magazine would still get a person in trouble with migratory birds.

Now, if Remington had incorporated the magazine tube (since it has to stay anyways) to function with the box magazine they may have had something. But as it sits, I just don't get it.
    Impossible as the magazine tube needs a lifter. I think they do have something so long as it runs.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Impossible as the magazine tube needs a lifter. I think they do have something so long as it runs.
    I wouldn't say impossible but, the working model I have in my noggin would require the box magazine to be in for rounds to load from the tube.

Hang with me here.

The lifter is in the empty box mag. During the rearward stroke of the pump, the box mag follower is pressed downwards by the action bar. A round loads into the box mag from the tube mag under spring tension by way of a tripped tube shutoff catch. Round then loads from box mag into chamber on forward stroke.

Box mag body would need relieved to receive rounds from front, action bar linkage devised and a empty box mag trip to release rounds from tube but only when a box mag is installed.

I think it's doable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lets just be real honest with ourselves... This is entirely catering to the Walking Dead/Mall Ninja crowd. Especially with their blunderbuss special.

MagPul got a check, so they made the magazines. Companies do things to get paid now, or if there is a large enough market for the future. See: MagPul's foray into Glock magazines. They didn't need a check for that one, they knew the market existed in a big way. This monstrosity? They got paid. If I could write them a big enough check they would knock out some mags for the MP5 that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Counter intuitive, as that money could just go to buying HK mags at full price, but what if I knew that I could sell a hundred thousand of them.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    If these are reliable they offer a lot of advantages. 1. greater magazine capacity in short barrel shotguns, 2. much faster reloading. 3. the ability to switch ammo faster. Now a select slug drill will give you an entire mag of slugs instead of 1.
    You shoot 3-gun, how would the current rules treat these?

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast