Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington 870 Detachable Magazine

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If it feeds properly I don't see the issue with them at all. Certainly faster than sliding one in at a time.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You shoot 3-gun, how would the current rules treat these?
    Not well you would be in open with me and my custom Saiga's with 20 round mags.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Not well you would be in open with me and my custom Saiga's with 20 round mags.
    Thanks, That's what I thought. Not really an advantage. Unless you get the gamers going, I don't see this taking off with hunters and I don't think there are enough 'others' to get it to be a success.

I wonder if the 3gun rules would be changed?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a hard time getting excited about anything shotgun related.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for coming onto the shotgun thread and letting us know that!

While this isn't 'exciting' it might fit a niche for the HD Shotgun folks.

I'm looking forward to seeing one in the wild so I can check out how it works, specifically how the shell aligns for feeding.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My layman's perspective is that I think it's great. My biggest gripe about keeping an 18" 870 for HD is that it only holds 4 rounds normally, with maybe 6 more on a side saddle which is a bear to load in comparison to a box mag gun. Also, some folks don't like keeping long guns sitting around loaded when they're not expected to be used.

I think the 870 DM would be great to keep next to a bed with 2-3 mags loaded with 00B in a key-lock nightstand drawer, which is unlocked at bedtime or whatever. Or similarly, kept under a truck seat with a couple of mags locked in the glovebox.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    So the 870 goes magfed and doesn't take advantage of the magazine to get even slightly better round cap? Lame.
    Seriously 3 and 6? Not even an 8 rounder? Why God why. Also genuinely curious if the individual mag pricing is going to make it worthwhile anyway...

Also, the OG mag tube remaining is super gay, even though I know it *has* to be there... still...it offends my sense of aesthetics...

I mean, I *get* it, it's still better than single loading, for certain states it's a slightly better option for HD, "proven" 870, yadda yadda.
    I feel like if this had come out in the 90's it would have been a serious game changer, now.... not sure- this is the age of the battle rifle, after all....
    If they had done this with a semi-auto I might have been slightly more enthused...

But, I do hope, for their sake, it runs well and the market picks it up.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    So the 870 goes magfed and doesn't take advantage of the magazine to get even slightly better round cap? Lame.
    Seriously 3 and 6? Not even an 8 rounder? Why God why. Also genuinely curious if the individual mag pricing is going to make it worthwhile anyway...

Also, the OG mag tube remaining is super gay, even though I know it *has* to be there... still...it offends my sense of aesthetics...

I mean, I *get* it, it's still better than single loading, for certain states it's a slightly better option for HD, "proven" 870, yadda yadda.
    I feel like if this had come out in the 90's it would have been a serious game changer, now.... not sure- this is the age of the battle rifle, after all....
    If they had done this with a semi-auto I might have been slightly more enthused...

But, I do hope, for their sake, it runs well and the market picks it up.
    I wonder if it is a Sportster Clause or something? Besides it becoming like an elephant dong hanging there.

A mag cut off for one round would be interesting. Engage it before sliding the foreend and it keeps a round from the mag advancing for port loading.

Like most mag fed guns, if it is dry are you pretty well screwed trying to do a port load?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Like most mag fed guns, if it is dry are you pretty well screwed trying to do a port load?
    I was wondering that myself, I am looking forward to seeing one up close. Does it have last round hold open?

Jellybean mentioned the remaining mag tube. You could shove enough batteries in there that with the right module you could either signal the Space station, start forest fires or illuminate your high school stadium for night games.

ETA: Here is a review that tells, nothing: https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...70-dm-shotgun/
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 12-16-17 at 10:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    If it feeds properly I don't see the issue with them at all. Certainly faster than sliding one in at a time.
    I'm in this camp and the idea of something with the same handling and reliability of an 870 but with box mags is interesting to me. As I get more time with my AR, this will change, but I am probably still more comfortable and proficient with a shotgun. Maybe it's all the time I spent carrying one hunting birds and deer. But I'm highly skeptical about trying to tack this on to an existing design. My guess is that it will be junk. For what I described, I would expect a new design from the ground up.

In terms of the motives behind this design, does this address any particular state's requirements?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast