Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious Delta Point Pro problem

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I returned one unit to them several weeks ago with a detailed description. After the second unitbfailure, I called and left a voice mail, but have yet to receive a response. The third unit failure was observed only at a match today.
    That's crazy that you've had this problem with so many units. It's great that they keep replacing them, but it would seriously damage my confidence in them.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was at a match this weekend, shooting a 34 MOS with a DP Pro. I left the dot turned on for the day. About halfway through the match, I noticed the dot was off as I walked around, and when I drew the pistol to make ready, the dot did not come back on until I vigorously shook it. Later it went off again, and by wrapping the frame of the optic, it would come back on. I mentioned this to another competitor, with the comment that this might be unacceptable on an EDC pistol, and he said in an EDC or military situation (I understand the military 320 model has the DP Pro footprint) you would draw aggressively, smacking the gun in your holster as you gripped it, bringing the dot back on. I was not sure whether he was serious.

During stage six, I lost the dot a few times. When done, at the safety table, the dot was intermittent. I changed to a new Duracell 2032 battery, replacing the Energizer that was still in this optic. Same thing, intermittent dot, followed by no dot, except occasionally when you pressed the trigger, releasing the striker, the dot would glimmer briefly. So basically this unit is dead, and will need to go back to Leupold. This makes 4/4 DP Pro units that have failed in the last month or so.

I am seriously discouraged with the Pro, and plan to try to make a C-More RTS2 work for Carry Optics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In matches now, I treat the DP Pro like an open gun optic, turning it on at the beginning of the stage, and off after I shoot the stage. They seem to work pretty well when treated that way. Today, during practice I left the dot on. I had about a ten minute delay between strings at one point, and when I drew my 34 MOS, the DP Pro did not come on, after apparently being put to sleep by the motion detector. I have lost track, but this must be five or six different DP Pro units in the last two or three months that have again proven themselves unsuitable for EDC.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow. There goes any chance of getting a DP Pro for me... I had really been wanting one because of its apparent advantages over the RMR, but no chance I'd get one now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So glad the Army chose the DP Pro footprint for the MHS guns...I predict an uber fail with that one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Wow. There goes any chance of getting a DP Pro for me... I had really been wanting one because of its apparent advantages over the RMR, but no chance I'd get one now.
    For gaming, it is WAY better than a RMR, but for EDC it is just not viable based on my experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12