Thread: Hk USP .45 Expert Holster... with a light?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hk USP .45 Expert Holster... with a light?

Is this a unicorn? I've landed my dream pistol, the above-mentioned USP Expert 45, and have since given it a couple of finishing touches (only somewhat-relevant one for this topic is a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight). I'm looking to get a GG&G mount for a light, but this setup needs a holster.

I've got a Streamlight TLR-1 and TLR-1HL already, but wouldn't be averse to getting a Surefire X300 if needed to fit an existing holster setup. Thing is, most USP holsters that I've seen are for standard USPs, and haven't found any holsters for a GG&G + mounted light. If I'm throwing my entire wish list out there, level 2+ retention would be preferred to a simple friction-fit.

Would I have to go custom?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bladetech at one time, and probably doesn't any longer, made Holsters for USP Experts. I know I looked at one for mine. But, I don't think it was more than retention by friction.
    For one with a light you are pretty much looking at a custom Kydex joby. I can pretty much guarantee it actually. That said, depending on how the pistol lock up in the holster, you might be able to bastardize a retention holster and cut some shit off that bitch to get it to take the pistol with light, but then it likely going to be goofy as hell.
    The other option is some universal piece of nylon that could work.

Unless someone else knows of another option, I think a custom Kydex might be your best bet.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Blade Tech site references the Surefire MR09 as the mounting method for the X300 - and it was discontinued over a year ago. Is the GG&G close enough in design that it would work with the holster and X300 in place of the MR09?

Edited to add: Sent Blade Tech an inquiry, but would be nice to know in the meantime if anybody has compared the GG&G and MR09...
    Last edited by Dionysusigma; 12-10-17 at 09:35.

If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score

HK Holsters

Silly question but have you tried HKparts.net?

It may be worth posting the question on HK forum.

I love my HK pistols, but finding holsters for them is a real pain.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-U...41&viewAll=yes

It looks like all of their holsters are made by Blade-Tech.

Feedback Score
    Bptactical.com

Not sure if they can do an expert but I have one the 45 USP with Gg&g/x300 combo that is GTG. Only option I found but wasn’t looking for lvl2 retention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    http://blackhawk.com/omnivore

I picked up one of these for my usp45 f with a tlr-1 and it worked well. The balance was a little high for my tastes but it may balance better with the expert. I returned it because I didn't think I'd use it regularly.... I liked the quality though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not listed on their fit page, though the P2000 and VP9/40 are... http://blackhawk.com/getmedia/31bd54...Fit-Chart.aspx

Edited to add: Reading more on this - apparently attaches to the light. What mount were you using, the GG&G?
    Last edited by Dionysusigma; 12-18-17 at 22:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Also, received an reply from the Blade Tech rep five days ago... no followup yet.

When looking at the specifications for the "WRS Level 3 Duty w/T - H&K USP Expert 9/40/45 - Black - Right - Surefire X300", it seems that it was designed to use the long-discontinued Surefire MR09 mount. However, GG&G makes a similar system - the 1133SP. Would the use of the GG&G mount, and not the Surefire, still be compatible with the holster?
    I am definitely going to have to check with the production team to see if the tooling will allow the GG&G rail - I am sure it does, but I am going to check before I give you a definite answer. Once I hear back from them I will be sure to let you know!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Not listed on their fit page, though the P2000 and VP9/40 are... http://blackhawk.com/getmedia/31bd54...Fit-Chart.aspx

Edited to add: Reading more on this - apparently attaches to the light. What mount were you using, the GG&G?
    Yeah, it's not listed but it does fit. I have a GG&G rail on mine. The thing is, as you probably know, the TLR-1 sits a little forward on the pistol. It extends about as far as the 5" threaded barrel so the whole package is long and big. The pistol sits a little high in the holster, but the trigger is still covered. The holster locks around the light... the system actually works really well. I messed around with it for a week, practicing draws and other non-live fire drills and it performed great. Ultimately, the whole package was just too big for any regular carry for me so I took it back.

I picked it up at my local Cabela's on a whim. They have a great return policy so giving it a shot wasn't a risk. I mention this only so you know where to find it if you don't want to mess with shipping back and forth if it doesn't work out.