Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAC stripped lower and KAC trigger guard not fitting

Feedback Score

KAC stripped lower and KAC trigger guard not fitting

The roll pin provided with my newly bought KAC trigger guard will not insert into the KAC stripped lower, due to a line up issue with the holes on the lower and the trigger guard. Please see the pictures for explanation. On the one picture taken held up to the light, you can see the holes are not lining up correctly. I cannot get the roll pin to go through as a result of that. I have thoroughly made sure that the trigger guard is pressed downward as much as I can to try to compensate for the hole misalignment, but it is not doing anything useful.

Anyone have any ideas? I've contacted KAC via email, earlier, waiting for a reply, hopefully on Monday... This is rather disappointing considering KAC's reputation on high quality parts.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I believe they made a trigger guard called the “band aid” just for these lowers.

Feedback Score
    Is there anything I can do besides asking KAC to send me new parts to alleviate this issue? I'm not sure how good their customer service is, spending extra for KAC parts and not getting the expected results sucks.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    Is there anything I can do besides asking KAC to send me new parts to alleviate this issue? I'm not sure how good their customer service is, spending extra for KAC parts and not getting the expected results sucks.
    Just call them and they’ll send you one free. It’s not a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Just call them and they’ll send you one free. It’s not a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem is I’m not sure if the issue is with the stripped lower or the trigger guard. I’m just afraid they’re going to make me send both in and then I’d have to pay for shipping and an annoying long waiting period for the new part(s).

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    The problem is I’m not sure if the issue is with the stripped lower or the trigger guard. I’m just afraid they’re going to make me send both in and then I’d have to pay for shipping and an annoying long waiting period for the new part(s).
    it's a known issue , just give them a call and i'm sure they'll take care of you without the need to send your lower in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the_1iviper View Post
    it's a known issue , just give them a call and i'm sure they'll take care of you without the need to send your lower in.
    I had no clue this was a known issue, is there another thread here reporting it? Couldn’t find it using search function.

Feedback Score

Cool Forum Rules

4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.
    I believe the rule means you give them a chance to resolve the issue BEFORE you go public here.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    I just filed my KAC trigger guard a touch and got mine to line up.

Feedback Score
    It wasn’t my intention to “expose” KAC, I just wanted ideas on how to fix this issue myself without involving shipping stuff back to the manufacturer. Thanks for the reminder, please delete this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast