Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I use a bipod?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Poor man's bipod: rock a Magpul 30 or 40 round magazine. May not be the best, but it can get you by in a pinch.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Poor man's bipod: rock a Magpul 30 or 40 round magazine. May not be the best, but it can get you by in a pinch.
    Army qual prone “unsupported” position.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    My wife has made sandbags out of ACU uniform sleeves.(one of the best uses the ACU uniform has had to date) sees up enough to fill with sand and hand sews the rest of the opening closed.you can get 4 bags per uniform. I also have some
    Tactical Tailor sandbags. But I cheated, I bought a huge bag of plastic BB’s and filled them up. It works pretty well although the sand-sandbags are the best for stability. I don’t shoot anything more powerful than my .308 so the BB bags seem to work at the distance I can shoot at my range. But if I were to get more serious I’d want them filled with sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    " Should I use a Bipod ?" .... Yes I have one on my 6920. I like it a lot. If you don't like it, take it off. No big deal. I use mine at the range. Beats humping sand bags around. Try it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amos View Post
    " Should I use a Bipod ?" .... Yes I have one on my 6920. I like it a lot. If you don't like it, take it off. No big deal. I use mine at the range. Beats humping sand bags around. Try it.
    This is precisely my rationale

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I generally prefer to shoot off a bag, but I do shoot with a bipod often.

One range I go to frowns upon shooting prone. If I am shooting off a bench with a bipod,
    I have a 2’ piece of 2x4 that I clamp to the bench top, creating a ledge to load the bipod upon.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    So my take is bipod over bags due as someone else mentioned consistency. Bipod always has the pressure at the same location easier to tune. Bags pretty much impractical to say your getting the same harmonics every shot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Should further explain I’m talking SPR where it matters, Carbine really doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123