Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Air vs Rugged mounts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin_Forest View Post
    This is ridiculous.

Rugged cans are "a true one-hand on/off" as well.
    No they aren't.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They are both great manufacturers but if it comes down to mounting system alone then Dead Air wins, hands down.

Feedback Score
    I have both Dead Air and Rugged cans in my collection and the Dead Air is far and away my preferred mounting option. The Rugged is not any less solid once attached but the Dead Air is significantly easier to use and maintain. The cans themselves are a wash (to my ears) performance wise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPurpose View Post
    No they aren't.
    Maybe he means that you don't need two hands to put one on, but I feel the DA mount gives more options. The guys that like the suppressors under the handguards will be able to take the DA's on and off easier than the rugged since you spin it on and then have to lock a collar on the rugged. I don't own either, but have tried both.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dead Air has the best QD system on the market at the moment. Easiest to use, easiest to service, and redundant locking lugs mark it nearly impossible to launch the suppressor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPurpose View Post
    No they aren't.
    Legitimately curious if you are physically handicapped, because they absolutely are.

Feedback Score
    My Rugged Surge 762 is one hand mountable, quite easily too. Won't be able to get it under a rail because of the locking ring but who wants to besides mall ninjas? I'd rather have access to trouble shoot then be tacticool. That being said, DA offers more options with their KeyMo but that's because someone had to fix SiCo's mounting issues.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I think “one hand” is being used to mean “one motion mechanism.” Twisting on and then locking a collar is two motion. Dead air is one motion because it ratchets on and off with one motion. That’s why Dead Air can attach and detach under a rail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12